Bad Romance metal cover

Jotun25

Apr 27, 2010
Sevilla, Spain
www.jotunstudio.es
Hi, I´ve just recorded a metal cover of Lady Gaga´s Bad Romance, and wanted to post it here, so you can hear it and comment.

Link to youtube:

And for better quality (click on "reproducir" to play it):

http://www.hispasonicos.com/musica/bad-romance-lady-gaga-metal-cover/38735

I´ve used 4 guitars (two couples, one playing lower chords and the other playing mainly fills and higher notes), and from 1 voice (in the verse) to 7 (in the last part of the last chorus).

The drums are Metal Foundry, and all is recorded in Cubase SX 2, using a LTD K 500 guitar, via POD XT Live to a Focusrite Saffire. Same for bass (a 5- string MTD).

Voices are recorded using an AT4040 mic.

Hope you like it!

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like this. I like your rhythm tone too. What presets are you using on your POD? Are you using any presets after the fact or impulses?

Hi, thanks and glad you like it!

I´m not using any preset in the POD. It´s a setting I made myself and I use the Diamond Plate simulation. Nothing after it, just a little eq, reverb a compression in Cubase SX 2. Hope it helps!

Oh cool man, I´ve just been listening to the original track XD! Muy bueno!!! The thing I like the most is how you have managed velocities in MF...very very natural, is there any sample replaced??? Or is 100% MF?? Saludos!!

Hey, thanks a lot and I´m very glad you like it!

There is no replacement at all. All the drums are entirely Metal Foundry. The thing is that I turned on some of the "humanize" options in different pieces of the kit, but the key I think is that I usually play all the basic rythms using a controller, so there is also another "randomizing effect" there, and later I retouch velocities so the drums tend to sound less machine-made. Also, in fills, I program them, but I´m very careful with the velocities, editing them until I get satisfied.

Thanks again and saludos!