The Diary of Jane cover (Breaking Benjamin)

Am I hearing the same cover as everyone else? This mix is really harsh..

Man Is everyone listening to a different version...I don't think he sounds anything like Ben and I don't think the vocals match I feel it's really flat and strained:Smug: but i really dig the instruments so at least my ears aren't failing me there lol

to be honest : i dont like this... no offense dude, but the kickdrum distorts, mix has no punch and vocals are not cutting it...
i would start with no mastering at all, i think thats your main problem. maybe without the mastering this will be clearer and more earpleasing.
hope that helps! again no offense and props for what you have so far !

Hey, thanks for your comments.

KlotziDotCom: Glad you remember Heroes del Silencio! They are the best band ever in Spain. And thanks for the comment about the accent.

kev: Thanks, man! It´s something I miss in the youtube covers. There are a lot of guys who cover the IF songs, but not so many do it with vocals (excluding live covers).

Javi: Qué pasa, tio? Jajaja, andamos metidos en todos los fregados de grabaciones, eh? :p Por cierto, por Hispa sigo pasando y colgando cosillas.

Thanks for your comment, and you know, not only IF is what I like and listen to :p

GarethSE: Harsh in what way? It is, what would you do to try to make it better? By the way, the sound in youtube is worse than the one in the other link, if you can listen to it.

Jauernis: I don´t get it...do you like it or not? :D I agree with everyone that vocals are the worst part, but I think that noone has said that I sound like Ben. In fact, what people have said is quite the opposite. By the way, I´ve done all myself, so it´s quite hard to play guitar and bass, record, sing, mix, etc. I can´t do it all well :p

dcb: Thanks for your advice. Lately, I´ve been lowering the dBs in my mastering chain, so it´s not as tight and overcompressed as I used to.

Anyway, I´d like to point out again that I do it all in my amateur home studio, all by myself (playing, singing, recording, etc.), in my free time after working 8 or more hours a day, so sometimes the result isn´t as professional as I would like, but I don´t think it´s a disaster, as the last comments are suggesting.

Jotun25 said:
Jauernis: I don´t get it...do you like it or not? I agree with everyone that vocals are the worst part, but I think that noone has said that I sound like Ben. In fact, what people have said is quite the opposite. By the way, I´ve done all myself, so it´s quite hard to play guitar and bass, record, sing, mix, etc. I can´t do it all well :p

That is pretty good indeed. Vocalist is actually really close!

Jotun sorry man I didn't mean too sound critical ...I love that u posted this song and I think did a great great job...so I love it except for the vocals which my intent of my post was for you to keep working at the singing part so u can have a perfect song...just the same advice I would want for feedback :)