Michael Jackson´s Dirty Diana metal cover

Jotun25

Apr 27, 2010
Sevilla, Spain
www.jotunstudio.es
Hi again!

I´ve just uploaded a metal cover of MJ´s Dirty Diana, and I would like to know your opinion, please.

It´s been recorded using Cubase 5, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, LTD K500, MTD bass, Audio Technica mic and headphones, POD XT Live, and Metal Foundry kit.

Hope you like it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks!

I used a Mesa simulation, barely mixed in Cubase. Recorded two rythm tracks (panned left and right 80% each) for the whole song and 2 more for the chorus section (besides solos and fills).

Hope it helps!

Thank you very much for your answers.

DanLights: It´s one of my favourite MJ´s songs, and I´m very glad you liked my cover.

Plankis: You´re right I could have automated volumes so there would be more contrast. Maybe I´ll give it a try.

Very cool...but i would like to hear the vocals more on-top of the mix! *thumbsupp*

It's pretty cool, really digging that! Showed it to a few friends and they all loved it
and most of the acutally don't like metal or rock but a few of them are MJ fans :D

Thanks to all of you!

Barricade: I don´t usually like vocals louder than the rest of the instruments, but I think you are right in the chorus section being a bit less loud than it should.

StefTD: I really appreciate that you showed it to MJ fans and that they really liked it. Thanks!