I know In Flames must worship Korn musically....

I can't remember the bands I saw. I do remember the 'headlining' band allowing one of their friends to go up there and give a blistering paced rap. He was white. I was like 'umm okay he can rap fast, so what?'

But good music.

182552.jpg

Wow :rofl:

^^ WHY did you have to post it? :erk: I was gonna when it first hit but didn't. Nah it's cool. Makes me wanna go steal a blade from my office and start slicing myself.

I'm sorry, but artwork does reflect the whole package. I'm a firm believer (especially these days) that it should have something to so with the content. That said, it only further solidifies my opinion that the music within will be stinky donkey dung. ...and that's after I heard the initial track several weeks ago.

R.I.P. In Flames. Bring on the new generation of sheep!

/end rant

Aftonbladet gets a sneak peak of In Flames new album.

Bow, because now they reload.

In April In Flames are back with their new album: ”A Sense of Purpose”. It is there 9th studio album, and it is a band that are so secure in what they are doing that they would be able to make a song or two before breakfast.

But this is not about winning or loosing. It is more about how far In Flames can come as a band.

And after that I have listened through In Flames new album, in their studio in Gothenburg, I believe that they will reach far.

Between eleven death-harmonic songs lies ”The Chosen Pessimist” to disturb the order. This beautiful song is around 8 minutes long - borrows a bit from Khoma (a band from Umeå, Sweden) and Radiohead - and will awaken the listener. Maybe to burn the album, or raise it beyond the skies.

One thing for sure is that you can find the most that you wish for on the album. Characteristics from ”Only for the Weak” and power metal are joined together in the possible new single ”Alias”, ”Move Through Me” sounds like ”Touch of Red” would baby-sit ”The Quiet Place” conduct disordered baby brother, and ”Disconnected” along with ”Drenched in Fear” catches the atmosphere of the previous career.

Basically the album sounds like it should. And exactly how far it will reach, you can read about when the album is released.

"A Sense of Purpose"
- Described by Anders Fridén

1. ”The Mirror’s Truth” – We decided quite early that this would be the first single. The song is short, heavy and straight on.

2. ”Disconnected” – The lyric is about that people act like ants, they do things but never ask why.

3. ”Sleepless Again” – Along with “Disconnected” I think this song have a clear ”Whoracle”/”Clayman” feeling. The keyboard is a nice detail.

4. ”Alias” – A good festival song, it shall feel a bit like an army tank.

5. ”I’m the Highway” – It is no Audioslave-cover, even if the titles are the same. We have worked a lot with this song after we brought it in to participate.

6. ”Delight and Angers” – The title reflects on that life is a bit upside-down. This is actually my 3-year-old daughter’s favourite song on the album.

7. ”Move Through Me” – This albums ”Touch of Red”. This will be a good live song.

8. ”The Chosen Pessimist” – When the album basically was done I felt like there was something missing, and started to work on this one. It takes a step out and makes the rest of the songs shine a bit more.

9. "Sober and Irrelevant" - Short, fast typical In Flames song. Being afraid of becoming ordinary, and forgotten.

10. ”Condemned” – Old school-thrash, but with an easy chorus.

11. ”Drenched in Fear” – This is also a song that could have come from ”Whoracle” or "Clayman”. It is a typical In Flames song, without sticking out too much.

12. ”March to the Shore” – A good finish, a kind of goodbye. The lyrics are about the thought to kill someone, if you never would be caught, would you do it? And would you be able to live with the guilt.