I love THIS man!

The Apparition

Porpoise McSalamander
Dec 22, 2004
Sydney
progressive_rock_discography_band%5Cjohn_arch.jpg

The greatest singer who ever lived and who will ever live. Now makes cabinets. Damn good ones though.

Some other all time greats who have stood the test of time and are still kicking arse... in most cases possibly more than ever:

Harry "the tyrant" Conklin:
harryconklinpic.jpg

Glenn Hughes (probably the greatest singer EVER. No joke):
glenn-hughes-1.jpg

Andre Matos:
andre%20matos.jpg

Robert Lowe:
rmw_8.jpg

Eric "iron lungs" Adams:
Manowar_02.jpg

Jon Anderson:
Jon%20Anderson.jpg

Dio:
RonnieJamesDio.jpg

And of course Brucey:
BRUCE16.JPG

I'm bumping this thread for a few reasons that are outlined below:

1. John Arch who appeared on the first 3 Fates Warning albums is the greatest singer in the history of recorded music.
2. Well, that's pretty much it.

I'm pulling rank based on my superior knowledge of thrash/power metal vocalists like John Arch and declaring you wrong. Greatest singer ever:

The man is the very embodiment of a vocal orgasm.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, ignorance time because I seldom pay attention to photos of singers and bands, but who is this guy?
Haha! Before Ferret gets in with a bunch of shit that makes no sense i shall answer this question. This man is John Arch and he sang on the first 3 Fates Warning albums. He was replaced by Ray Alder after that and Fates went in a Queensryche influenced direction then in the 90's a Dream Theater style direction. But on Arch era albums, particularly The Spectre Within and Awaken the Guardian, Fates were Prog Metal pioneers and no one has ever done it better(My opinion of course). Mike Portnoy actually writes the liner notes for the Awaken the Guardian re issue and pretty much says without Arch era Fates Dream Theater would not have sounded like they did.

JOHN FARNHAM RULES!