I missed the boat on Fire Garden last year....

Agreed Glenn! Total prog without the "ego masturbation factor" in the And the vocals are not your typical prog vocals which I find refreshing. Excellent album. Another band that in my opinion didn't get proper love is Cullooden "Silent Scream"...Melodic prog in the neighborhood of Circus Maximus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_tlWb3s45w

Just a little trivia for you: Fire Garden features Ion Vein's current drummer, Chuck White, as well as a former student of Jordan Rudess named Frank Lucas. These guys are pretty talented, and I was looking forward to seeing them at Progtoberfest (organized by the band's vocalist, Kevin Pollack) last year. Unfortunately, they canceled their performance for some reason. Not much has been heard from them since.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Just a little trivia for you: Fire Garden features Ion Vein's current drummer, Chuck White, as well as a former student of Jordan Rudess named Frank Lucas. These guys are pretty talented, and I was looking forward to seeing them at Progtoberfest (organized by the band's vocalist, Kevin Pollack) last year. Unfortunately, they canceled their performance for some reason. Not much has been heard from them since.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Thanks Albert...at progtoberfest we had to back out due to unavailability of Chuck and the other drummer we were working with didn't work out. As far as new music is concerned I am done with writing a new EP and demos are recorded as well, currently working on everyone's schedule to record and the plan is to release it later this year.

If you follow us on FB and Twitter we are pretty active, you can also sign up for our emailing list to get regular updates at www.firegardenmusic.com

Cheers,
Zee

Thanks for chiming in, Zee!

I do my best to keep up with the bands in our local scene, despite my refusal to join the major social media networks (I'm 34 going on 68!). I keep hoping to see a show listing for you guys, so make sure you pin Chuck down!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert