I NEED a cubase guru- Properly Stumped Here!

kev

Im guybrush threepwood
Jun 16, 2004
Bristol, United Kingdom
www.myspace.com
Hello amigos,

I've just got myself the demo of antares auto tune, but i am completely confused by one of its functions. There is a mode you can utilise that allows you to send midi to the plugin to automatically tune the vocal perfectly to the melody you have made on your midi track.

My question, HOW ON EARTH can you do this? I've tried a few simple things with no luck so far, it seems to be a case of routing MIDI to an audio channel. Would you have to perform some strange side chain maneuver?

Ive seen somebody do this in pro tools, but im not sure if it will be possible in cubase. Check this out:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHaAzvdavao&feature=related[/ame]

Dammit Kev, before I entered this thread and saw a) who posted it and b) that it was a legitimate question, I was all psyched up to deliver a good "RTFM N00B!!!!" condemnation - AND YOU RUINED IT FOR ME. I hope you're happy... :D

As for the question, I haven't the foggiest!

Dammit Kev, before I entered this thread and saw a) who posted it and b) that it was a legitimate question, I was all psyched up to deliver a good "RTFM N00B!!!!" condemnation - AND YOU RUINED IT FOR ME. I hope you're happy... :D

As for the question, I haven't the foggiest!

haha, unfortunately for me ive read the antares manual back to front Marcus, and spent two hours scouring the web! How do help? ¯\(°_o)/¯

This might sound stupid, but, you did make sure you routed your midi track to autotune, right?

Basically you will have your autotune on whatever audio channel, you make a midi channel and then when you pick the routing for it, one of the options should be for the autotune plugin. bam. done.

Cheers guys, i've found out what it was. Version 4 was not working, so i grabbed the updated latest one and it ran like a charm with all the routing options firing up as they should have : ) If things dont work and you know they bloody well should be.. REINSTALL! lol.