I need a job, seriously

circus_brimstone

Forest: Sold Out
Jul 5, 2003
Indiana
I haven't been employed for about 7 months and I have almost no money left. I need to find a job so I can buy CD's and stuff; but, I don't want to get a job I hate. How do you make your income? Do you like it? Any suggestions for me?

Grocery stores are win! No not really. It's mind numbing. And it's minimum wage here. I want my slightly-higher-paying-sit-in-a-computer-lab-doing-nothing-job back! Just another month and a half to go.

I work in a tribal/herbal type of store usually at the register or stock. It isn't that bad of a job compared to others if you don't mind the ocassional burnt out hippie coming in hoping they can get some hash, and at least i make more than minimum wage

I'm 20 and will be starting my junior year of college in less than a month. I can work full time right now but I can only do part time when classes start.

I need a job too...A BLOW JOB! Man, thats classic, but seriously, I get paid less than minimum for physical labor. I'd rather starve while just lying around.

yourdeadgroom said:
I used to work as a computer programmer, that was great, didn't even really feel like work. Spending all day writing code while listening to music through headphones is cool :D
How did that pay? Sounds like my kind of job.

Charubic Murder said:
How did that pay? Sounds like my kind of job.
If I'd had the opportunity to get to my full potential, I would've been pulling in a minimum of $36,000 a year (that's $NZ, halve it to get the raw $US, but then cost of living and everything is different between the 2 countries, so just doing a straight comparrison of currency isn't very accurate, suffice to say that $36,000 is fucking good, given that I had no experiance, I have a friend who works in a shop, that gets between $18,000 - $20,000). That would've gone up with the more experiance I had, I think the top guy there was pulling in about $60k.
Programming rules, it's a fun job and it pays well.

I did my work experience as a programmer. Pretty fun, I listened to music all day and was elft pretty much to my own devices whilst i coded :D

Round here it's not the best paid job, I really want to become an accountant (even though it's boring, it pays well :p)