I need preamp tubes for a Mesa Dual Recto

I was thinking about getting the classic jj's or some chinese Tul song (or whatever they're called).
EH ?
if you can point out which ones in the various positions could be great.
For the poweramp I'll get svetlana winged c, my trusty JJ's, I think, they always had a problem volume wise!
I did a test and put some other powertubes and wow it was 2-3 louder lol!
You know I love jj even if they're not that loud, I just love warmness

EDIT: I meant "It was 2-3 db louder!"

Well I guess that nobody here has a Recto or if somebody does, then they must not have any tubes in it. That could be the only reason I could think of why nobody is helping you out. :loco:

It's not like you are asking for a kidney. :lol:

I pulled my Recto's preamp tubes because I knew they were old and had been in the amp when I bought it used years ago. I replaced the Mesa 12ax7s with EH in V2/V3/V4 and matched Tung-Sols in V1/V5.

Now it sounds like shit. Seriously.

:headbang:

Guitarhack: lol you're right I'm asking for something so bad lol
Jesse Z: uhm seriously?really? God I should put some other tubes then ;), mine got at the moment sovtek's, not that bad but the amp is not really that gainy, the old 2 channell was "under gained" compared to the 3 channell. I like the gain structure, but you know a little more wouldn't be that bad lol :headbang:

Different amps, but my perspective (whatever it may be worth), I swapped out all the EH in my Rev for JJ and much prefer the JJ's. The brittle piercing top-end is gone. I also replaced the mixture of EH and Sovtek tubes (1 EH and 2 Sovtek, other's were already JJ) in my 6505 to JJ and much prefer it also. I may have to try a 9th gen in V1 of the 6505 though. Personally I don't like EH's or Sovtek preamp tubes or Sovtek powertubes. Maybe just personal preference. As I said, different amps than the DR, but the tubes may exhibit similar characteristics regardless of the amp I guess.

Different amps, but my perspective (whatever it may be worth), I swapped out all the EH in my Rev for JJ and much prefer the JJ's. The brittle piercing top-end is gone. I also replaced the mixture of EH and Sovtek tubes (1 EH and 2 Sovtek, other's were already JJ) in my 6505 to JJ and much prefer it also. I may have to try a 9th gen in V1 of the 6505 though. Personally I don't like EH's or Sovtek preamp tubes or Sovtek powertubes. Maybe just personal preference. As I said, different amps than the DR, but the tubes may exhibit similar characteristics regardless of the amp I guess.

Agreed on the JJs vs EH/Sovtek IMO.

Can't speak for the Recto, but I LOVE 8th-gen Chinese in my 5150. I tried some 9th-gen and they were a tad too bright and shrill for my tastes, but the 8th-gen sounded really balanced, with great, clear bass, and nice compression. They also have a wicked midrange djent that I haven't heard in any other tube I've tried (9th-gen Chinese, JJ ECC83S, Sovtek 12AX7WB and 12AX7LPS)... almost sounds like a less-honky Tube Screamer without having to use one. The 9th-gen Chinese has good gain and compression, nice and chunky, but the midrange isn't as aggressive, so you don't get the djent as much. The JJ and Sovtek tubes sounded kind of weak on palm mutes. The only thing I don't like about the 8th-gen tubes is that the individual note clarity in large chords isn't so great. The Sovtek LPS and 9th-gen Chinese win in that department.

I'm a JJ man now. I read all over the web for about 6 months before I went to Bob. I read the good and the bad and finally decided to see which was true and which was just a lack of understanding. Good ole Bob at Eurotubes sent me the most glorious sounding tubes I've ever heard. I'm not saying they're the only good tube but I told Bob what I wanted out of them and he sent me tubes that do that. Could just be that the Triaxis and 2:Ninety are already bad-ass and the JJ's just hepled them out a bit. The Mesa tubes that were in there rather sucked in comparison. I think it's a little different with heads but that colder Mesa bias is a definite limiting factor. As I recall Bobs' Mesa re-tube kits are such that the tubes are picked because they run a little hotter and kinda force that Mesa bias up a little or something like that. Just call or email him. He'll explain it.