I need some answers

KoichCPA

Banned
Oct 15, 2001
Canberra,Australia
I was at the record store today, and I saw a Farmakon cd. I remembered the name from seeing the forum on here. I was wondering what you guys sound like cos I couldn't be arsed downloading anything to find out myself.

Give a good description cos if I like it, I'll buy it. Chances are I won't see another copy again for a long time.

@Koichi

From a review...

Farmakon
A Warm Glimpse
Elitist
I’m speechless. Utterly, catatonically fucking speechless. What sort of people are Farmakon, anyway? Nasty, evil headfuck ones that any right thinking people would stop from going anywhere near music ever again if ‘A Warm Glimpse’ is anything to go by. Jazz, melodic thrash, alt.rock (aka them bits what sound like Jane’s Addiction) all come at the same time from all angles to try and make the listener feel as if they’ve just been buggered by an elephant while sticking magnets in their ears.
This is a pain in the arse of a record that makes Tool look like a kids recorder class in terms of obtuseness. It’s simultaneously enjoyable and wrist slashingly annoying. It’s fantastic, but at the same time you find yourself wanting to take the fucker out of your CD player and use it as a Frisbee just to make it STOP! And therein lies the ultimate charm. A record so challenging that you’d be prepared to have a fight with yourself over whether it’s good or not.
Fancy an internal bust up, then? Buy this album.
\m/\m/\m/m/

nevershine said:
@Koichi

From a review...

Farmakon
A Warm Glimpse
Elitist

....This is a pain in the arse of a record that makes Tool look like a kids recorder class in terms of obtuseness....
Haaaahaaaahaaahahahah!
This is true.
Buy it sport!