i never knew lugubrum was this good

einride

your best friend
Feb 29, 2008
this song fucking rules

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jlC7wbOCJI&feature=related&fmt=18[/ame]

i thought newer lugubrum was "funtime" black metal but this is really dark and disturbing prog bm

Huh. This explains why De Vette Cuecken seems to receive mention recently. Wish I wasn't listening to this on a shitty headset at work, but seems pretty good.

Just sampled a bit from each of their "better works" and found that this band has a lot to like. "Funtime black metal"?

Albino De Congo is "ace" based on the first 4 songs I checked....jazzy parts....rockin' parts...and BM atmosphere abound
Heilige Dwazen has some strange production but the songs are very crispy and original.
And the already mentioned De Vette Cuecken has a lot to offer in terms of something different and new to listen to

Really glad you mentioned this band. Thank you :)

i thought newer lugubrum was "funtime" black metal but this is really dark and disturbing prog bm

I too cast the same dismissal, from all accounts expecting their harmonies to be of the happy-go-lucky set. Winterstones is an under looked classic, far removed from the sample above. With that being said, the freshly unorthodox offering of topic is addictive as fuck. I'm going to look in to this album further.

i just bought "de vette cuecken" in germany and it is blowing me away

holy damn this is just fucking awesome, some of the most interesting black metal i have heard in YEARS

i have no idea how i put up listening to this band for so long. probably because of the "funtime bm" stamp, but yeah, no, this is not that

most of the rest of the songs aren't quite as weird as the title track above, but they're still strange as far as black metal goes. it's the kind of raw, dissonant, "tech" (i.e. lots of noodling around and uncommon time signatures) black metal i love (vargnatt, goatlord, those who caress the pale, etc.)

"attractive to the flies", this is maybe easier to like

Last edited by a moderator:
This is pretty great as well. Still the only thing I own by them is Winterstones, I need to change that and pick up some of their "eclectic" offerings.

Last edited by a moderator: