I passed on some Oktava MC-012 fakes

broken81

Used by Protools
Dec 26, 2005
Detroit, MI
I could have got the pair for 150.00 but i just did not want the fakes and did not want to waste my money. Should i have bought these or did i make the right decision you think?

Anyone using the fake ones here with good results?

Fake is always EVIL!!!!

Seriously, I'd just go for the real thing since they're already an excellent product at a great price, I doubt the fakes could be any better as long as quality/price goes...

I have 3 Octava 012's AND would by no means Purchase a fake replica when I don't even like the originals.... Good move man!

I would kill for some older AKG 414BULS's for overheads, I rent them on occasion (when the project can afford it) and they are my mic of choice for overheads.... WOW!

are you sure they were fake??

Because i heard many people say that just because there the "MC 012-01" there fake, but thats not true!!! Mc come from other countrys but there still Original.

make sure they come in a plastic Box and they include the -10db capsule.

I got a pair of "MC 012-01" and they came with the original plastic box and the -10db capsule for 120 bucks on craiglist.

and let me tell you they get the job done:lol:

they were mc-o12 with the asm marking on it and had a plastic case with foam and no serial. All signs of the fakes so i passed them up...