I picked up a little Hartke

Schmidt_Rubin

Mar 18, 2006
Cape Cod
www.myspace.com
I just bought a Hartke A-35 practice amp, It's very impressive for a 30 watt amp, tilt back design with a 10" aluminum cone. It sounds great with my new Schecter bass, ballsy, punchy low end with very crisp highs. It's great for pop and slap style which is primarily what I'm into. Crank the bass and treble, take out the mid completely and the limiter set on 7 it sounds sweet!

Been using Hartke stuff for ages. Here's an old pic of one of my setups... It's a little different now...

bassrig.jpg

:headbang:

That's a nice looking rig, is that the Hartke 3500 head? I had one and sold it like a bonehead. I used it with an Ampeg 4x10 or a Peavey 8x10 depending on the size of the club. I sold the Ampeg too :( it was the SVT200T, I still have the Peavey cab that I use with a Crown Powertech amp, EQ and compressor, but it's just too big for practicing.

That sounds like plenty of power! I remember when my Sabbath tribute played at a huge club in New Britain CT, 2000 seater, I brought the Hartke, Ampeg, and twelve 10" speakers in total. We get there and start setting up and the monitor guy said the side fills and monitor system was 15,000 watts. I could have brought the A-35 I just bought and it would have worked out great.

So is the Trace just a preamp Chris?:err: :err:

This is my bigger than I'd ever need rig. :headbang: :headbang: I now have the components in a real road rack. I got the rack and the 400RB for dirt.

GK001.jpg

Spacing013.jpg

Jim

Yea I use the Trace as a preamp (it IS a preamp only) and then use the brute force of the Hartke. The Hartke amp is a newer addition to the rig. I USED to use an 800RB in the late 80s early 90s, but sold off most of my gear when I got out of bands back then. I'm quite pleased with the Hartke still, though I haven't done a side-by side with a GK through my rig.

I used to play more thrash metal back in the day, though my sound was still very Steve Harrisy....

Any of you guys know a good source for bass tabs? I've looked high and low for the Bells of Lal by Satriani. Sheet music will work too. It's one of those songs where Stu Hamm's pop n slap is too damn fast to figure out.

Edited, that's the THE BELLS OF LAL part 2

If I had it I could run it through the Tascam BT and slow it down for ya.

Did you search Liz's Powertab site?

Jim