A question about the Line 6 Spider II Guitar combo, +...

VileCreation

Sister Fister
Feb 23, 2004
www.vilecreation.com
Alright, I've been playing with my band for about 6 months now. First, I just had a shit 30 watt ibanez practice amp to use, but since we're playing blast-beat black metal, I obviously was forced to upgrade.

I've now got the Spider II 75 watt combo amp... it's loud as fuck, works great, sounds great, yadda yadda. However, right now, we're a three piece, with two guitars and a drummer. Before we can record, we're going to need a bassist. Now, I've played bass before, and could fill in until we got a full-time member (for recording purposes etc.), so we could get some tracks down.

I'm wondering... would it be prudent... or even possible... to line-up to my 75 watt Spider II with a bass guitar and try and run a line out to my computer? Could it potentially damage my amp? Would it even work?

Also... for home studio people... I'm recording with my Line 6 straight into my comp. with no free-standing mixing board or anything. I use the EQ in Acid Pro to tweak sounds... but I'm still getting a lot of fuzz and hiss on all levels, even mids, and I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong (placing my cables near interference, ie other cables) or if I just need a free-standing digital mixer to run everything through.

Any how, if you've read all this, thank you. Please help me out.

~the Vile One