Line 6 Spider Combo and Pocket POD

MetalWorks

Apr 19, 2007
Sacramento, CA
www.myspace.com
I have to say that every time I go in to Guitar Center to try a guitar I always end up playing on those little Spider Combo Amps.

I just think they kick ass for farting around.

Last night I was on my way home from work and tryed a Schecter Hellraiser 7 string with EMG's and one of the Spider 12 combos that has all of the Artist presets.

They actually have good metal tones and can dial in nice shredding guitar sounds.

I stumbled across the Meshuggah setting and the Schecter Hellraiser 7 was tuned to A and it wasnt a half bad Meshuggah sound.

I played a JSX combo first and it was so boring compared to the Spider.

They seem like the perfect little amp to sit and practice with at home.

I am considering getting the new Pocket POD to take to work so I can play in my car durring lunch and breaks.

I assume most people hate these things compared to a nice tube amp you would actually record with or gig with.

But for home use I think I actually like the Spider better than my Flextone II HD and POD Pro rack setup.

Anyone tried the Pocket POD?

The Line 6 Spider III is one of the best plug-and-play practice combos on the market. The only other amp I'd consider for home use is the new Vox Valvetronix XL range, great heavy tones with a slightly more organinc feel than the spider (can take a normal footswich too, which is handy).

Flextone III owns th Spider III believe me. The Spider 2 or 3 distorsion's sound like a metal zone direct into pc for recording. And we know what that sound like.
The Treadplate on the flextone....holy shit

My roommate actually just got a mint Flextone III Plus 1x12 + FBV shortboard (for $400 total!!), and I agree it sounds kickass (though I personally prefer the middy punch of the SLO 100 model over the buzziness of the Recto Dual model)

+1 on the Vox Valvetronix.

I picked up the 50 watter a while back just to have something handy and portable. I thought it put the Line 6 amps in that price range to shame.