iRig of pocket pod?

azistenostora

Feb 9, 2009
Tatooine (aka Milton Keynes)
edit: Title is meant to say iRig OR pocket pod. Don't know how to change that.

Which one would you get for practicing at home? Does anyone have the iRig? Any good? Is it actually real-time as they promise or and how does the iPad cope with the processing?

The pocket pod is practically unusable. The various amp modelers for iPhone are much better. Grab the Apogee Jam over the iRig though.

Ok, I think I decided to get the iPad one. Couldn't find Ola's amplitube vid (link would be appreciated, although Ola will probably make my microwave sound like a motherfucker).
I have seen his JamUp Pro review though.
Which app do you guys use/recommend?

Ok, I think I decided to get the iPad one. Couldn't find Ola's amplitube vid (link would be appreciated, although Ola will probably make my microwave sound like a motherfucker).
I have seen his JamUp Pro review though.
Which app do you guys use/recommend?

AmpKit. Jamup is great, but it doesn't record.

Here's a Trooper cover I did with AmpKit (two takes mixed with a backtrack ripped from Rockband on the computer):

Also, AmpKit records both dry and wet so you can actually use it as a mobile tracking studio and reamp files in your DAW later. I did that with this song:

Last edited by a moderator:
For just basic jamming and fuckin around the iRig is a decent product, I use it on my ipad, iphone, and itouch without any problems. Plus i've used the iRig with other iAmpmodelers and it works fine with all of them. I also have the peavey one but never got it to work, i think i got a faulty piece of hardware and just never bothered to send it in being i have the iRig too.