Line 6 Spider II Guitar Amp & Metal

Thasis

Canadian Black Metaller
Hey guys, I'm currently playing in some post-grind-esh style bands and I'm doing a black metal project, a drone-doom project, a blackened avante-garde doom-death with jazz, sludge, and classical influences project, amongst some other non-metal related projects. My main focus is on the metal aspect.

I have recently aquired a Line 6 Spider II amp and I used a Fender Stradt (not sure where it's made, I think it's American). Now I seem to have found a good black metal sound, and good drone sound, and I can use a combo of my old amp and new amp for different parts depending on the sound I want for my bizzare project. What I'm mostly looking for advice in is my post-grind/metalcore-esh project.

Now don't get metalcore get you wrong. I'm not some fanboy loser playing with the big-black-metal guys to look cool and evil. I'm must aclectic in my musical tastes, and I've been offered a role in my friends band so I thought what-the-hell.

Anyways, to the point. Any advice on playing, setting things up, etc for any of my projects would be nice. I'm currently having a difficult time tryin to get a good sound for my post-grind band I'm in. I'm looking for a sound in-between The Devil Wears Prada (Band) and Carcass. Like to neither of the exact sounds, more of an inbetween sound. But any sound that gets a good powerful, but grind-esh type feel to it would be nice.

Overal any advice pertaining to any of my projects would be nice.

well...don't base the sound you're trying to get live off of an album...

i talked to the guy who produced their shit a while back, and he told me that they recorded 2 takes of each song, and each take used 2 amps...each amp had a mic up close, with a room mic capturing their combined sound

that makes for a total of 6 tracks - 3 to each side...you'd have a hell of a time replicating that in any kind of live setting

and i have no idea what kind of amps/guitars were used - it just happens that he told me what technique was used