Has anyone played a Line 6 Spider II amp?

Det Som Engang Var

Viking Bastard
Jun 3, 2005
Houston, TX
My old amp is busted and I'm pretty low on cash. I dont like using distortion pedals so I was looking for something that could handle metal on its own. It seems like a good solid state amp to me, is it?

I own the 75 watt one, and everyone that I've ever played in front of has always said positive comments about it. I myself think its the best damn amp you can get for $300. It works for whatever music you wanna play clean or heavy. I've had it for about 6 months and haven't had a problem with it yet. Also that growly tone that it has and Line 6 makes such a big deal out of is kinda useless it can't pick up much when you play fast or higher pitched notes, but it may be useful for some stuff. But its a great amp in my opinion, good luck with which ever amp you pick.

Its a very good amp in my opinion. My school as one and I used a Yamaha Pacifica (Shit) on it, and it sounded amazing with any sound you use. But if you are looking for an amp so you can mould your own sound, I dont imagine it would be too good. But other than that, I would say go for it.
P.S. They come with a footswitch too.