I ran into Michael Pinnella last night.

YtseJammer03

Yes! I am the New Guy.
Feb 2, 2006
Howell, NJ
www.myspace.com
So, I was just out shopping for some drum stuff and out of nowhere Michael walks by. So I go up to him and say "Hey your Michael Pinnella from Symphony X right?" because I couldn't believe it was him ya know..

So anyway, we were talking for a few minutes before the store closed. He said that he hasn't even heard the finished product yet, but it's coming along great!

He's an awesome guy, and I hope to run into him again sometime!:worship:

i met symphony x at gigantour in 2005, in toronto. they were on stage and i totally said "hi" to all of them. i even waved and shit, and, instead of waving back, they just rocked out. it was awesome. really great bunch of guys.

Wow, are you serious? You're lucky! It would damn awesome to meet a member of Symphony X.

Yeah I'm serious! I couldn't believe it either lol. At first when I came up to him and started talking he looked tired, but I think it was because it was the end of the night. He opened up after I told him I used to take drum lessons from Joe Nevolo and Jason Rullo. He said "Oh yeah, Jason is out in New Mexico, he just got married" or something like that.

So congrats Jason, if it wasn't already mentioned here.:headbang:

Did you remember to at least ask if the keys are gonna be turned up more on PL? I've been listening to Sym X and their solo albums more than ever, and this afternoon, I went right from listening to Falling From The Sky into Wicked, and it was just such an abrupt change in atmosphere

And also Mazel Tov and best wishes to JR! :headbang:

I'd freak out if I ever ran into anyone from SX. This guy came into work for dinner last night who looked a lot like Rus. He got a lot of special treatment from me.

The first time I saw Symphony X in Montreal, during the V tour, I knew the promoter of the show and told Jason Rullo that I was a big fan of them. So I met him to take a picture and by the time we were about to take it, Michael Romeo walked through saying that he wants to be part of the picture. Of course, come on in dude!!!! Awesome time to remember.

First time I ever saw Symphony X, the place was so small they had to enter and exit through the crowd. They went right past me both ways, so I got to shake hands and thank them for finally coming to Detroit and such. No full conversations, but good enough for me.

That would be cool to meet a member of Symphony X,I live too far away to even dare talk to any or even see any, but soon enough I shall see them live !!!!

Imagine you are in a guitar shop in New Jersey and you're just ripping away and behind you was standing Michael Romeo ! When you were done playing he comes up to you and totally suprises you and says " Wow man, you got skills ! You know, we've been thinking of a rythm guitarist for when we play live and you look pretty good, what do you say man? Want to join Symphony X ? "

me would = :OMG:

I would see a white rabbit with pink eyes hop by, saying "I'm late, I'm late for a very important date!!" and then I'd follow it down a hole which would let me fall for hours and hours and for miles, because obviously, I'd be dreaming.

Did you remember to at least ask if the keys are gonna be turned up more on PL? I've been listening to Sym X and their solo albums more than ever, and this afternoon, I went right from listening to Falling From The Sky into Wicked, and it was just such an abrupt change in atmosphere

And also Mazel Tov and best wishes to JR! :headbang:

I hope the keys are turned up, It sucks barely hearing the instrumentation on king of terrors. I want that blasted!

anyways I met them all at Gigantour in 2005. I told Pinnella his solo album was awesome and he wasn't so sure about that lol.

Imagine you are in a guitar shop in New Jersey and you're just ripping away and behind you was standing Michael Romeo ! When you were done playing he comes up to you and totally suprises you and says " Wow man, you got skills ! You know, we've been thinking of a rythm guitarist for when we play live and you look pretty good, what do you say man? Want to join Symphony X ? "

me would = :OMG:

in my case, he would say, turn that shit down, you suck!:lol:

I ran into Michael LePond at the Heaven and Hell show at Radio City. He was standing next to me waiting to get checked by security. Shook his hand, told him he was the man, and went on my merry way, due to some drunkard pretty much consuming him.