Michael Romeo + Michael Angelo = Guitar Heaven

shredder487395 said:
How are those Shawn Lane instructional video? Do you have both of them? Does he teach a lot or is it just a shred out?
Yes I have them. Maybe best guitar videos what I have. Hes not shredding all the time, but yes, there is one part in both video where he shred............indeed. I really recommend you to get those videos.

This is the place to shop for Shawn stuff: http://www.abstractlogix.com

What is the difference between Power Licks and Power Solos. I just bought power solos off ebay should i buy power licks too?

Liquid Shadow said:
Yngwie was a slopfest on G3...at least compared to how incredible his technique used to be when he was younger. He's definitely relaxed a bit over the years...
Not true. He was on the DVD, yeah. But the night I saw him, he was right on - amazing.

I saw him a few months later on his own tour, and he played so perfectly it'd blow your mind. The man's a machine.

I don't know if people are just being fanciful about this whole G3 thing, but G3 is always Satch, Vai, and guy #3, so you would have to take your pick for any given tour of one guy you would like to hear. Also they try to stick to a more blues/rock genre than delving into the shredders. Yngwie is just such a guitar icon that it made sense, but the lesser known shredders would probably be passed over. I don't think MJR hangs out with Vai and Satch and jams on Zappa tunes. Plus, I think Paul Gilbert just needs to be the next guy in line, the man is NEVER in the US and I need a serious PG fix so I don't have to drive across the country and catch the once a year Racer X show at the Whiskey.

SyXified - I agree about PG. Why he hasn't been on that tour yet boggles my mind. I never knew just how technically astounding (and hilarious) that guy is until my friend showed me a bunch of his instructional and live videos. DAMN!

Well...I'm hesitant to critisize Michael Angelo. I've only heard "No Boundaries" and "Science Fiction." But I would probably consider Michael Romeo to be a better and more original guitarist, and Michael Romeo just to be another "shredder."