I recommend Agalloch

Status
Not open for further replies.
similar artists:

give people some clue about em (as if everyone doesn't already have all their albums)

Genre: "Atmospheric Folk/Dark Metal" (taken from M-A, they're too hard to pinpoint)
Similar Artists: Ulver (Bergtatt), Katatonia (Brave Murder Day)

alright, many of you might already know about this but still. its a one man project by wrest from leviathan.

name - lurker of chalice
genre - dark ambient
similar artists - vinterriket,morttis(early)

worth checking out :)

correct me if im wrong.

And why did you post that in the Agalloch thread?
i thought this was a 'i recommend' thread, wouldnt it save the effort of creating a new thread for each band u want to tell about, perhaps you could remove the 'agalloch' from the thread name and let it just be 'i recommend'.

Not even fucking close.
im not sure what to call it, it certainly has all the traits for it to be called ambient, they certainly didnt sound as black metal as the 'norm' is.

I really don't know what I'm going to do with this thread. I might just delete it and create a random recommendation thread where everyone is free to recommend bands that they feel people should be more aware of.

Genre: "Atmospheric Folk/Dark Metal" (taken from M-A, they're too hard to pinpoint)
Similar Artists: Ulver (Bergtatt), Katatonia (Brave Murder Day)

thumbsup.gif
@ specifying albums not just artists

I really don't know what I'm going to do with this thread. I might just delete it and create a random recommendation thread where everyone is free to recommend bands that they feel people should be more aware of.

personally I like the idea of this sub-board where individual bands could be listed in which people say what they think about the band, their failings (not putting out enough albums, changing their style too much, etc.), their highlights (like Agalloch's vocals), rather than trying to go through the 400 pages of The Recommendation Thread, or going through scores of pages on a particular genre where you don't get a range of opinions on the same band at all, it's all very transient.

This would be good for someone having heard about a band being able to go to for reference, rather than having to ask the same old noob questions to get the same old answers.

umm I think thats why they created this sub-forum. Kinda retarded to make a band recommendations thread in a band recommendations forum. hehe, :loco: :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.