I set up a FB recording group and it's going great.

mickrich

Aug 2, 2007
It has taken 3 years to get to 489 likes on my studio FB page.
A week ago today I set up a "recording Ireland" FB group and it's now at 382 members! I am getting 15-20 requests to join the group every day and my messages are full of studio enquiries and I have got 6 days of bookings already.

I am posting as much content as time permits and trying to get discussions going. FB groups work like a forum with topics with the latest comments moving to the top.
I added another admin a few days ago to help with content and answering questions etc.

I made sure from the outset that I would not promote myself on the page so other studios and engineers would join in and not feel it was MY page.
I would strongly suggest any studio owners out there to set up a similar group for your country. I can't believe how well it's going. The main thing now is to keep content and discussion flowing until it starts to get more established with more regular posters and it should start to take care of itself more and will not require me to create as much content.
I want it to be a resource more than a self promote tool but if it turns out to be both that will be great.
Here it is
http://www.facebook.com/groups/361575593926131/

Cool. I see you are at 80 already.
Now flood it with content so it shows up on news feeds and watch the requests come flying in.