I suck with reverb.

Yea i will just post streaming mp3 on soundclick.com just so they can hear it but not download it. I honestly know bands around here that would probably take the mp3 and just use that and say fuck paying the other half. Thats why i don't give anything away either. I do have that voxengo beep plugin i could use though......:)

Yeah, by now I don't think it can be bought stand alone either.

Right now I have a band thats more or less breaking up before they finish their demo with me. Everything but vocals is done and mixed (and edited! holy crap what a bad drummer...) plus I have to pay for mics I borrowed. Now guess what - didn't get a cent yet from those guys... Now calculate my chances if they never finish the recording...

I should definitely adopt some kind of payment policy... I mean, it's not like I'm in desperate need of $290, but it's the principle of course. This band specifically has expressed so much interest in working with me again...so I don't see them stringing me along at this point. But if it turns out that they're burning their bridge with me, then they're gonna have some big problems with future recordings done elsewhere because their drums needed a LOT of work and I replayed a bunch of guitar tracks on their CD :)

I should definitely adopt some kind of payment policy... I mean, it's not like I'm in desperate need of $290, but it's the principle of course. This band specifically has expressed so much interest in working with me again...so I don't see them stringing me along at this point. But if it turns out that they're burning their bridge with me, then they're gonna have some big problems with future recordings done elsewhere because their drums needed a LOT of work and I replayed a bunch of guitar tracks on their CD :)
I don't get paid enough to fix a ton of drum flubs. :)

For $290 it doesn't sound like you do, either.

Right now I have a band thats more or less breaking up before they finish their demo with me.

Dude, same thing happened to me. Fucking weak shit.
Had just about everything done except redoing some vocals and bam, broke up.

So, from here on out, half up front and they don't get anything until the full price is paid.

I replayed a bunch of guitar tracks on their CD :)

Lawl! :lol:
That's what I should have done with the said band too considering their playing skills.. :loco:

Anyway, I'm talking 250 € here so it's not too much but same as Aaron said (and also about the same amount of money ;) ): I really did a lot of work to their stuff already so it sucks. And I have to pay 50 € for borrowed mics..

So from now on it's definitelly half of the money up front. And I'm only giving away shite mp3s (like 96k) anyway.

Yeah I'll have to throw it on a USB key from my Mac... It won't sound the same without the EQ after it, though, so maybe I'll put that patch on there too. And it might sound weird with a different snare, because I tend to tailor the reverb to the snare.

Yea Aaron i would love to see your d-verb and eq screen shots. Then all i need is your snare sample and I'm taking over the world. :lol:

Haven't been back to this thread for a while! I actually posted a screenshot on this thread of what I did on my latest project...which is very close to what I did on Mirror The Ghost.