I think I have social anxiety disorder

TD

HAS INTEGRITY
After eating a nice Italian dinner w/ family and friends last night, I retreated back home and watched the Twilight Zone marathon on Sci-Fi rather than go to any (of several) New Years get togethers. Oh yeah, I locked my door, and shut off my phone too. Should I see a shrink, or do I just have the right idea. The idea being that people suck, and they suck even more when they are celebrating New Year's Eve.

I'd say you have the right idea, so either you're onto something, or we're both sick. I hate New Year's Eve because drunk driving repulses me. Random gunfire doesn't thrill me either. I can't drink til the baby switches to formula anyway, and then I wouldn't bother because I can't even think about what it would be like to take care of these two hungover.

But NFF is the trained professional around here.

I to did not fancy watching a bunch of people vomit the new year in...........

I came home after tea with relatives and worked on some job applications. Found out that I'd sent one off and called my possible employer by the wrong name:(

I feel 2003 is going to be a long year.........:)

well people i made the great mistake of just having a few light snacks and a busload of beer,very very crook the next day lol

i wouldnt stay home on new years eve but sometimes i like to be at home by myself and play guitar or listen to music without any interuptions.

its good to have timeout everynow and then

I got you all beat. I stopped celebrating new years abouve at about 1am Janaury 2nd. Hell when I came to work yesterday I was still clebrating.

I had a few friends over there was.....7 people including me, we had a little bubbly just for traditions sake. I BBQed chicken and burgers and grilled veggies. we played taboo and talked. I had three screwdrivers. It was much fun. I think it was because it was just a get together, no one got drunk and we were in the safety of our own home. Thats the way it should be every time.
happy new year!!!
-Jono-

Originally posted by TD
After eating a nice Italian dinner w/ family and friends last night, I retreated back home and watched the Twilight Zone marathon on Sci-Fi rather than go to any (of several) New Years get togethers. Oh yeah, I locked my door, and shut off my phone too. Should I see a shrink, or do I just have the right idea. The idea being that people suck, and they suck even more when they are celebrating New Year's Eve.

I've had social phobia since I was 14 (8 years now), and I'd say its probably a good idea to seek professional help as soon as possible. I haven't done it yet because I can't afford therapy or medication.

For the most part, its all in your head, and medication and therapy can help somewhat, from what I've heard. I didn't realize I had it till I was 20, but still haven't done anything about it since I can't really afford therapy right now. I live alone, have no friends, do everything by myself, go weeks without saying anything to anyone, and unless something changes drastically, I will live out the string this way. I just can't trust anyone, and I honestly don't enjoy being around anyone. On New Years Eve, I just took a couple of benadryl at 9:00, and I was asleep my 11. I wish you luck.

Originally posted by bRaTpRiNcEsS
But NFF is the trained professional around here.
If you want my opinion, you'll have to pay for it :lol: (Unless you live in Ontario, then OHIP will cover it).

But completely off the record, TD, I don't think that you need to see a shrink. Well, at least not for social anxiety disorder, anyway. :p