i think I'm slowly getting better. Check my mix.

Thanks dude!

The guitars are Pod Farm - Pretty much The "patch" TS -> Cali plate ->Treadplate cab

Bass is Amplitube SVX with some serious compression and EQ

Drums are Steven Slate Mixed with Joey's samples - Kick 10, Joey Snare (mixed with Snare 5AZ1), Toms are Slate Maple and Cymbals are the dreaming Heavy pack with the little China from the Emerald pack.

Snare is indeed pretty dry. I like the feel of the song but it would benefit a bit more ''ambience''.

Agree with everything above. Send your snare to an Aux track with a nice Plate reverb. Set the Reverb mix to 100% wet and then mix to taste with the volume fader.

I personally hate "artificial" reverb on drums. It just sounds like ass in my opinion. I have absolutely no idea why people think it sounds good. If you want/need to add ambiance to your drums and you have all of Slate's samples, then I suggest you use the Z4/Z5 rooms and blend them to taste instead.

MAybe instead of adding artificial reverb try to add an IR of a room. If I remember correctly waves had some free ones.

But sounds good man!

I was working on it again last night. I brought up one of my Slate snares on the track and it filled it in pretty well.

The guitars are going through this chain. Q2 - HP 95/LP 9000 -> Q10 (Little scoops at 400 hz and 3khz, big scoops at 800 and 4k. Little raise at 5500hz for presence) -> Vintage Warmer -> C4 with the Sneap preset (Changed up a little) -> S1 Shuffle -> L1 Limiter

That chain looks very familiar.....
I would have to agree with "DevonSteelman". I think that using the Z4's would be much more natural. I would do two tracks, one with the
Z1 and the other with the Z4, and then adjust volume levels to get it to sound right.

I was working on it again last night. I brought up one of my Slate snares on the track and it filled it in pretty well.

The guitars are going through this chain. Q2 - HP 95/LP 9000 -> Q10 (Little scoops at 400 hz and 3khz, big scoops at 800 and 4k. Little raise at 5500hz for presence) -> Vintage Warmer -> C4 with the Sneap preset (Changed up a little) -> S1 Shuffle -> L1 Limiter

what does the q stand for? is that daw specific? Q2 and Q10?

Vocals sound really good but the mix needs more definition, sounds a bit ''240p-ish''.