I think In Flames are trying to say something with the new music...

The Grand Design

The Jester Race Submits
Jun 14, 2003
Christchurch, New Zealand
Visit site
Okay, look at it this way, when they took Linkin Park's slot at the Hultsfred Festival in Sweden last year, they all wore Linkin Flames t shirts. I think they did this to have a go at Linkin Park. Also, they had a big "IF" sign type thing at the back of the stage and Linkin Park have a big "LP" sign at their concerts.
They have used the "IF" sign on multiple occasions. I think In Flames might be out there on a big mission to kick Linkin Park's ass. I don't mind the new songs, I think the older stuff is better but the new stuff isn't crap.

why would a great band like inflames go outta their way to kick the arse of Linkin park?

if they were musically above them they wouldnt bother... to square off against them just shows you how much they have gone down the toeliet

Personally I find it funny. A lot of bands spend too much time wanting to be true or some shite, while In Flames make me laugh.

From an interview this year....

I saw a picture recently with the band wearing shirts that had a [Link] In Flames logo on them. I was wondering what the story was behind that.
We had one of the biggest Swedish festivals; the only reason that we played it was because Linkin Park cancelled. They offered for us to play this festival before but we did not want to do it then because the offer was not very good and the spot was very bad. So we said no way and now all of the sudden we are filling in for Linkin Park so why not make something funny out of that? And since people already think that we sold out and all of that bullshit we figured we should do something funny with that (laughs).

In flames fucking kick. Now stfu

AllWithinMyMonster said:
I saw a picture recently with the band wearing shirts that had a [Link] In Flames logo on them. I was wondering what the story was behind that.
We had one of the biggest Swedish festivals; the only reason that we played it was because Linkin Park cancelled. They offered for us to play this festival before but we did not want to do it then because the offer was not very good and the spot was very bad. So we said no way and now all of the sudden we are filling in for Linkin Park so why not make something funny out of that? And since people already think that we sold out and all of that bullshit we figured we should do something funny with that (laughs).
thats pretty funny

The Grand Design said:
Okay, look at it this way, when they took Linkin Park's slot at the Hultsfred Festival in Sweden last year, they all wore Linkin Flames t shirts. I think they did this to have a go at Linkin Park. Also, they had a big "IF" sign type thing at the back of the stage and Linkin Park have a big "LP" sign at their concerts.
They have used the "IF" sign on multiple occasions. I think In Flames might be out there on a big mission to kick Linkin Park's ass. I don't mind the new songs, I think the older stuff is better but the new stuff isn't crap.

Yeah that's a pretty Hybrid theory!
OK that's my lame joke of the day.. thank you very much.

AllWithinMyMonster said:
anyways, back to the topic, thats a far more believeable scenario than the first post.