I hearby wash my hands of Metallica

Melisan

Nov 13, 2002
Visit site
Who do they take as an opening act? In Flames? Arch Enemy? Hammerfall? Nevermore? Shadows Fall? Noooooooo.

METALLICA, LINKIN PARK and LIMP BIZKIT will officially announce their tour today (Feb. 5) at a press conference in Los Angeles. The tour, as first reported on Friday (Jan. 31), will head out this summer playing stadiums. Full details of the summer trek will be announced, as will the first round of dates.

Before embarking on the monster tour, METALLICA will appear at a number of European summer festivals, while LINKIN PARK will head out on their own arena tour with JURASSIC 5 and MUDVAYNE. It is presently unclear if LIMP BIZKIT will undertake a headlining tour of their own prior to hooking up with METALLICA and LINKIN PARK in the summer.

METALLICA are currently in the studio finishing up the tracking process for their new album, tentatively due in June. LINKIN PARK's sophomore effort, "Meteora", is set for a March 25 release, while LIMP BIZKIT's latest, "Less Is More", is expected to surface in April.

well,
although i agree that they seem to have strayed far in to the land of bullshit artists,
they will always remain to be the band that wrote some of the best thrash metal, and also some fucking epic songs such as fade to black and the unforgiven and loads more.

i'm willing to follow metallica but i really don't know for how much longer, but their new album will probably make my choice clearer.

dom

Seeing the band with Linkin Park won't be too bad. I've seen Linkin Park and they actually do pretty well live. Limp Bizkit on the other hand...

All news is supposed to be confirmed today on the future of this band, including who's playing bass for them.

i'd still support them i think, even though some of these crappy bands will be tagging along

Also, as to who they've picked for opening acts...it all comes down to how much money those other bands were willing to pay to be on the tour, unless Metallica's management is scared about the next album not doing well. Let's face it, 1) it's been about 5 years since Metallica has released any new material; 2) their last album (Re-Load) was sub-par (I'm not counting the S&M album or the re-release of Live S*** as being new since most of that material is all stuff that has been previously released); and 3) with Motormouth (Lars) constantly running his mouth about Napster and all the other legal actions that Metallica has taken in the recent past (all valid and in the long run, very necessary to the artist), they may be worried about the band's ability to pull in the large crowds for the shows.

They better hope that this next album is their best effort yet or else they're gonna have an even bigger hill to climb. Some have stated that this will be their heaviest album yet. We shall see.

History repeats itself... Ozzy has done this for years - OZZfest. It's sells tickets and brings in the young ones.

Hell, even Iron Maiden was trying to get SUM41 to open up for them a few months back.

I have to admit... I want to go to this show.

I'm curious to see if Metallica will still be able to put on a great show. Despite of what anybody thinks of thier last couple of releases - I've never seen a bad Metallica show.

I've never seen LimpNuts and I do like a few of their songs.

I know this sounds gay... but I like Linkin Parks music. The singer has a good voice. I know... they are a nu-metal version of a boy band - but I'm a sucker for good songwriting. I'd like to hear more guitar riffing in thier new music.

I've always wanted to see the Deftones - very underated.

And last but not least, one of my new faves - MudVayne!

I'm gonna spring the bucks for this show.

according to some inside Maiden sources... there was serious talk about Maiden and Metallica touring... but I guess Metallica didn't want to be embarrassed... ;)

I'm in... I'm thinkin.. hoping... that the Audioslave announcement on Monday has something to do with this Metallica tour... DAMN THAT WOULD ROCK!

I've seen Deftones. I don't think you'll be missing anything if you miss them.

Of course, when I saw them, they played on the Ozzfest right after Slayer, who was playing after Primus, so draw your own conclusions, but I wasn't the only one that was trying to ignore them.

Well, I was pounced on in another forum for expressing my opinions about bands with dj's and mc's, but those bands that have a hip-hop flava suck!!!!! Metallica lost me when Cliff Burton died (RIP). No offense to Jason Newsted. It just wasn't the same anymore and I have all the respect for Jason. James and Lars are the ones who have killed it for me. But, what the F does my opinion count anyway?

If you think those two bands are bad, do you remember in 94 or so, when metallica toured with Candlebox? Yikes! I had the awesome experience of sitting in the second row for that show (former Metallica Fan Club member!).