Why oh Why?!?!

loudsilence

Empty
Nov 8, 2001
Albuquerque, New Mexico
I just don't understand why they agreed to do a tour with these two.

UPDATED: METALLICA, LINKIN PARK, LIMP BIZKIT Confirm Tour, Kick-Off Date Set For Early July - Feb. 5, 2003

METALLICA, LINKIN PARK and LIMP BIZKIT will embark on the Summer Sanitarium Tour 2003, beginning July 4, it was announced at a press conference in Los Angeles Wednesday (Feb. 5). Although an itinerary is still being worked out, the trek is expected to visit 18 North American cities.

Each band will deliver full-length sets, and DEFTONES and MUDVAYNE will serve as openers.

METALLICA will be supporting "St. Anger", due June 10, their first studio album in more than five years. LIMP BIZKIT are also expected to be supporting "Lessismore", due in May. "Meteora", LINKIN PARK's follow-up to 2000's "Hybrid Theory", is slated for a March 25 release. DEFTONES are finishing up their fourth record, which is being produced by Terry Date and expected in stores in June.

Tickets for most shows of the tour will go on sale Feb. 22.

Confirmed cities for the Summer Sanitarium Tour 2003, according to Elektra Records:

Minneapolis
St. Louis
Orlando
Philadelphia
New York
Boston
Columbus
Montreal
Dallas
Houston
Seattle
Denver
San Francisco
Los Angeles
Detroit
Toronto
Washington/Baltimore
Chicago

METALLICA frontman James Hetfield had the following to say regarding the upcoming tour and album:

"Touring in the US in the summer is always on top of our list of things we would like to do and we are hitting all the big cities. Being able to play this stuff live is going to be so amazing! My mind set is to go out there and show the world how strong METALLICA is."

"For us, this new album is like re-visiting early innocent feelings but incorporating our experience. It is like starting over in a way.... this album is so chalk full of energy, and lyrically, it is deeper than it's ever been because it is involving all the other guys."

So exactly how hard can their next CD be if they're touring with them 2? I thought Limp Dipstick broke up.....:confused: There goes all hope.......:cry:

Well...I guess there goes any hope for an Aggro album...as Lars puts it. This just put the last nail in the coffin for me. It's the last hard evidence anyone who questions the fact that they have completely sold out will ever need.

Here's how the thought process probably went when picking bands to tour with....

Let's see...who should we tour with....In Flames? Nevermore? Maybe one of our old school neighbors?

NAH! Let's get a couple of bands on the bill that will guarantee a stadium SELL OUT crowd (because we have no dignity left and we need to make the money back that Napster stole from us)! How about Limp dick and Linkin park (who's name incidently was manufactured to come right after Limp dick in the cd rack so kids would buy it too...nice marketing huh?)

:puke:

Big huge drag in my world! Shame!

Originally posted by loudsilence
I just don't understand why they agreed to do a tour with these two.

UPDATED: METALLICA, LINKIN PARK, LIMP BIZKIT Confirm Tour, Kick-Off Date Set For Early July - Feb. 5, 2003

METALLICA, LINKIN PARK and LIMP BIZKIT will embark on the Summer Sanitarium Tour 2003, beginning July 4, it was announced at a press conference in Los Angeles Wednesday (Feb. 5). Although an itinerary is still being worked out, the trek is expected to visit 18 North American cities.

Each band will deliver full-length sets, and DEFTONES and MUDVAYNE will serve as openers.

Um, not that difficult ... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :err:

more $$$$$$$$$ and more audience.

Let's just be thankful that we still have Testament who will never consider touring with nu bands, nevermind accepting a slot on a nu tour.

Originally posted by max
errrrrrrrrr- because they suck big time!

Another uneducated answer, but your humble opion.

Here's my take:

First of all, LARS is just your typical "I wanna be a hollywood movie star rock jock. I never listen to what that dane has to say. I trust more of what James says. Also, WHAT THE FUCK DOES TOURING WITH THOSE DICKS MEAN ANYWAY? MONEY YOU SAY AND ONCE AGAIN I SAY, IF YOU HAVE BRAINS, YOU WOULD GO WITH WHAT THOSE TEENY BOPS OUT THERE WANT. NONE OF US HAVE TO GO. AND THEN WE HAVE THIS "SELLOUTS" ATTITUDE.......WHATEVER.
DON'T GIVE UP SO FAST. YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO TO THE CONCERT, OR LIKE ME, YOU COULD GO, JUST FOR METALLICA AND LEAVE AFTER THAT. IT'S ALL IN THE PLANNING. YEAH, I LIKE THE OTHER PERSONS LINE-UP.

NEXT POINT, WHEN I SAW DEF LEP IN 82, THEY WERE TOURING WITH PETER FRAMPTON AND BILLY SQUIRE. DID DEF. LEP BUY KEYBOARDS AND START SINGING ABOUT STROKING THEMSELVES? NOT HARDLY!

I hate LB & LP. I'm not into Nu Metal. Yes, it's all about $$$$$$$$$$$$. (benjaminz) LMFAO

I will wait for the album and I WILL buy it.

See I'm just complaining and whining that I'll have to stand and wait through Limp, Linkin, Mudvayne until Metallica comes on the stage.
But I guess you have to go through that at some concerts you go to.

See I'm just complaining and whining that I'll have to stand and wait through Limp, Linkin, Mudvayne until Metallica comes on the stage.

I'd probably go out of sheer habit...but I have a real problem giving Fred Durst ANY of my money...I friggin hate that guy!! And Lars pisses me off so bad these days hes slipping right into that category as well....I don't know....maybe I have a bad attitude...but DAMNIT...it seems to be warranted anymore where Metallica is concerned...

yo duder their aint nothin wrong with mudvayne, they are really good

To everyone else,
who cares if a band has money or if 'kids' like them

YOU EITHER LIKE THE MUSIC OR YOU DONT

SIMPLE AS PIE.

I agree,
I also think metallica will probably always be a decent band, no matter what they play.
If they don't return to their thrash roots, they still will be good for what they are,
and for all the people who love the first four albums or whatever -well just fucking listen to those four albums and stop complaining they are sell outs - they have just changed in style.

I'm definitely going...showing up after the Nu Metal garbage and then leaving after Metallica. They still put on a fucking amazing show and their new stuff is..decent.

The thing is Val is that they could have chosen better bands and stop ignoring their roots. Lars is an idiot and desperately needs to be taken out in the streets and shot. People get tired of being let down by a band that's suppose to deliver and says that they will. They talk but don't walk the walk.

The problem is that as goes Metallica, so goes the future of popular metal. When Metallica decides to takes these atroicious Nu-Metal bands out on tour- any hope of decent even reasonably talented metal bands goes out the window. Since Metallica is the biggest metal band in the world- they somewhat set trends- if metallica decided to play melodic death metal this next album- one could imagine what a boost in popularity melodic death metal would receive. Yet instead, Metallica has decided to go for the sure fire money route- they know they will sell out and remain popular with the kids if they tour with the hot talentless bands of the moment.

In many ways we non-band having metal fnas should be somewhat thankful to metallica. Underground metal has stayed heavy and highly interesting and diverse- surely if any underground metal bands made it into the mainstream- or thought they could make it into the mainstream they would immediatly put out a black album- or a hybrid theory etc, especially with a big record label .

Originally posted by LIZ METAL
They talk but don't walk the walk.

Hi Liz,

I never remember reading that they said that they were going back to their roots...ever???? I'm giving them a chance because St. Anger hasn't even came out yet. :)

Im glad to read that there are still some die-hards in here with me.....killing hoards with demon swords.............

Originally posted by speed
Yet instead, Metallica has decided to go for the sure fire money route- they know they will sell out and remain popular with the kids if they tour with the hot talentless bands of the moment.

And they would sell out even if they didn't tour with those tasteless 3 chord bands of the moment too huh Speed? :) I liked reading your reply. And I bet you are 100% right about if they changed to death or whatever!!

Originally posted by Thewalkindude
yo duder their aint nothin wrong with mudvayne, they are really good

To everyone else,
who cares if a band has money or if 'kids' like them

YOU EITHER LIKE THE MUSIC OR YOU DONT

SIMPLE AS PIE.

Well like you said, you either like the music or you don't....I do not like Mudvayne.

What SUCKS about this entire thing is the fact that there are some GREAT bands out there that need the exposure that an opening slot at a metallica show could give them. They should remember where they came from and help those guys out! Limp dick and Linkin park DON'T NEED THAT EXPOSURE.....AT ALL!!