UPDATED: METALLICA, LINKIN PARK, LIMP BIZKIT Confirm Tour, Kick-Off Date Set For Earl

When I saw them, they only played one song each from Load and ReLoad, three from the Black Album, No Leaf Clover, and Turn the Page. The rest of the songs were all 80's...not exactly a fully poseresque set. If somebody's going to enjoy the concert, why shouldn't they drop the cash for it?

did i not say 50% poseresque set? not to mention the people playing the songs are 100% poseresque. fuck them. the tix will be way over priced. like any of those bands need more money. and people can drop an insane amount of cash if they want to. im not here to stop them. just to shake my head in bewilderment that anyone who considders themselves a 'metal' fan would have any interest in this bullshit tour.
-neal

Yes, you did say 50% poseresque. If one is to go hardcore and consider EVERYTHING Metallica did in the 90's poseresque, that would be...44% poseresuqe. A 6% differential is big...like, if 6% of the American people hadn't fallen for the Bush Junta's bullshit in November 2000, things might be VERY different.

Originally posted by Pyrus
like, if 6% of the American people hadn't fallen for the Bush Junta's bullshit in November 2000, things might be VERY different.
well we woulndt be in iraq thats for sure. ill bet there would be some other bullshit drama though. thats just how it works.
-neal

Garage Inc had like, 2 good songs or something.

Garage days revisted owned, cept for the motorhead covers at the end which were assiest ass that ever assed up the assy part of the metal cover scene.ASS.

cradle of filth and nevermore are like the only bands that do covers with style, and make them their own instead of just playing it the same way the original band did. for the most part, covers suck.
-neal

I wouldn't say that...Garage Inc had some covers that are a definite style departure from the originals. Turn the Page, the MF medley, Loverman, and the awesome Astronomy all sound very little like the originals. Most of the Diamond Head/Motörhead stuff is pretty much just the original songs with James doing vocals, but Metallica based their style on a combination of the two anyway.

Vader is good at covers, the slayer ones anyway, they speed them up like a bajilliuon times.

Iron Maiden RULE in covers, I just listened to all their B-sides, fucking magical.

BG are damn good too.

it'd be fun to go, and hit fred with a beer bottle (a FULL beer bottle)....right in the face....though it might be a waste of beer it'd be going to a good cause.....same with linkin park....

Fuck them all. Yes, I shall admit a weakness! I am MOST DEFINITELY going to download most of "St. Anger" out of morbid curiosity to hear what Nutallica sounds like. I will not buy it, but I do this all the time, to see what the enemy is up to.

i will be buying St. Anger at midnight the day it is released (June 10). im prolly the only one here gonna buy it, so screw u all :lol: :lol: more CDs for us hahaha!!! ill be going to the tour VIA MetClub (which i am a PLATINUM PLUS member of since December 2001). MetClub gives special seating to club members, as well as chances for backstage passes.

Welll............at least you have "fringe benifits" of sticking by Metallica this far. I guess you won't be going to that show for totally nothing. Just try and hit Fred Durst w/a rotten tomato or something.
And I'm going to hold off on buying the new Metallica cd for as long as I can. Though I can see one of my confused but well-meaning relatives buying the cd for me for X-mas next year or something... and my confused but well-meaning mother buying me a ticket to the concert thinking "Hmmmm, Laura likes Metallica and she used to like Limp Bizkit. I'm sure this concert would be nearly as bad to Tool was." Poor, confused woman:lol: