If Metallica...

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
If Metallica announced that they were going to do a tour, and play material from only their first four CDs, would you go? And just to ice the cake, let's say they were going to leave Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park home, and instead tour with some old school bands like Anthrax and Overkill.

Zod

If I am not mistaken Metallica has been playing mostly old stuff on this tour, pretty much ignoring the Load era ...

I would like to go see them if they brought some thrash band out.

last time i saw them was on the Justice tour.

Yeah aren't they already doing this?

I don't think I'd go see them, not because OOH METILIGAY SUCKS NOWLOLZ but rather they are old fuckers past their prime and probably charge $60+ a ticket. If I could get $20 lawn seats or see them in a small club, I'd go.

Yeah I got a Mustaine Metallica bootleg album as well. Its a shame they didnt stay together, but all those egos were impossible to fit together- especially with mustaines lack of basic social skills and drug addictions. Ive always preferred Mechanix ove the Four Horseman, I know Mustaine wrote both, but Mechanix is much faster and more aggressive.

just dug out Justice ... have not played it in years ... and I am kinda digging the production now ... can even hear Jason somewhere there ... the drums sound kinda like dance music production

As Adrian said, it would depend on the cost, because the demand for such a tour would generate high priced tickets and after all Metallica has done to insult their longtime fans, paying them $70-100 for what would be a nostalgia show would violate some principles...

what a kick ass song Eye Of the Beholder is ... have not heard this in ages.
metal ... berserker !!!!!

Nah, I wouldn't bother. Same reason I didn't see them on the latest tour. Just the whole image is annoying as well -- Lars with his blonde balding cropped hair, James with his truckers cap and roadster tattoos, the bass player looks like an idiot (yes I know he was in Suicidal, so what, he looks like a moron), and Kirk is a fag anyway, he was always the overhead -- they look like NASCAR rally fans now, and it just annoys me to look at them.

Bear in mind, I've been seeing them live since 1988 on the mammoth Justice tour, and every tour through to '99 when they were on the road with friggin' Kid Rock and Korn. So been there, done that, nothing to see here, these aren't the droids I'm looking for...

Fuck Metallica.

Like someone said, they are doing something pretty close to this now, but are playing some new stuff too. I'd probably go, I skipped their recent show because I refuse to pay 75 bucks.
I wouldn't expect much though. Hetfield's vocals went through wholesale changes and he can't really even pull off the style of the old stuff anymore. It sounds like shit.

I saw them on the Puppets tour and again for Justice, but have stayed away ever since.

Interesting question. You see last time Metallica came through here (on their last tour) I considered going, but I decided... meh, nah.. fuck it. Even if they play tons of old stuff it still doesn't change the fact that they're one of the biggest cash-whores in the music industry. To be quite honest, I'd rather go see a good 80s Metallica tribute band than watch them play it themselves.

matt99_crew said:
I saw them on the Puppets tour
When they supported Ozzy on the Ultimate Sin tour? Cool.

NicodemiX said:
To be quite honest, I'd rather go see a good 80s Metallica tribute band than watch them play it themselves.
Absolutely. The music belongs to the fans, not the band.

Plus, I bet a tribute band will play it better today anyway. It would be quite cool hearing a band play that stuff in a dingy little bar venue somewhere.