I thought I'd heard it all.......

Insania said:
Testament, touring Europe each summer, must do OK, along with other Bay Area bands who can (DA, Exodus...) We pay from $15 to $30 for tix here for a straight-up metal gig, what would I pay in Europe for a Testament show at a club (not a festival?)

Probably about the same....tix run usually around €15.....sometimes a bit less, sometimes a bit more....

Demonic Legionaire said:
Thank you for the compliment Officer.
You rule!!

:hotjump:

Gracias amigo. I am a King in my own mind.

Oh, the fire in your avatar is still scary. Especially on Monday morning.

Officer Friendly said:
They tour less now than they ever have. Maybe they want to play less and
still earn about the same amount.

Hmmm. Not a bad idea, is it?

I guess you didn't think of that.

Take a step down, buddy. Stop pretending you know answers, all we are doing is speculating.

Even if that was the reason they're charging more, does that make it okay?

Well..if I'm not mistaken..the band gets the same amount of $$ no matter how many tickets are sold. I believe it's a pre-agreed upon flat lump sum. Then the venue and promoters have to worry about making $$ off of the ticket sales. It's all in the negotiation Lars...quit crying and quit trying to justify that piece of crap you call St Anger...because there really is no excuse!

MindInsane said:
Well..if I'm not mistaken..the band gets the same amount of $$ no matter how many tickets are sold. I believe it's a pre-agreed upon flat lump sum. Then the venue and promoters have to worry about making $$ off of the ticket sales. It's all in the negotiation Lars...quit crying and quit trying to justify that piece of crap you call St Anger...because there really is no excuse!

Hey MI, very good point. I didnt consider that. Thanks for posting this.

MindInsane said:

TONY STEWART IS A DICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tickled: :tickled: :tickled:

MindInsane said:

Actually, it depends on the band really... some ask for a fixed amount of money with a couple of extras like transportation and whatnot but some others want a fixed amount of money plus a fraction of the tickets sale... I know it's that way for maiden... I'm pretty sure metallica asks for that too

Larf03 said:
Actually, it depends on the band really... some ask for a fixed amount of money with a couple of extras like transportation and whatnot but some others want a fixed amount of money plus a fraction of the tickets sale... I know it's that way for maiden... I'm pretty sure metallica asks for that too

Does that include all the blowjobs Lars wants from his male fans?

Larf03 said:
Doesn't HE do the blowjobs to his male fans???

Is that what you had to do?

I guess I don't know cause I havent been to a Metallica concert in so many
years.

BTW, I was just kidding.

HURR HURR UR SO FUNYN METALLICA$$$H IS GAY!!11!ONE!1

Seriously, guys, get over it. The same tired old jokes aren't going to change anything. Officer, for a guy who talks about how great it is that In Flames is moving metal forward, you sure spend a lot of time living in the past.

Pyrus said:
HURR HURR UR SO FUNYN METALLICA$$$H IS GAY!!11!ONE!1

Seriously, guys, get over it. The same tired old jokes aren't going to change anything. Officer, for a guy who talks about how great it is that In Flames is moving metal forward, you sure spend a lot of time living in the past.

Uh, did I actually say that In Flames was moving metal forward? No. I
certainly did NOT. I said that In Flames has a Led Zeppelin vibe they always
experiment with their core sound.

If I were to say any such shit about moving metal forward that would mean
I have a "for the cause" attitude and I don't.

Living in the past? Yes, that's when metal was best. No dispute there.

Larf03 said:
Oh..cool Larf03. Thanks for the info..I wasn't entirely sure about that..I had heard it somewhere, but obviously only had part of the story.

Officer Friendly said:
Living in the past? Yes, that's when metal was best. No dispute there.

Geez man... you have GOT to take another listen to TotD... Or violent revolution... or gathering... or Killbox 13... or the anti-christ...

Those are some of my favorites and they are less than 5 years old for most!

If you'd stop listenning to the new in flames you'd see that music is still good :) LOL!!!

(joke of course)