I try, Lee Jackson sp-1000 power amp!

Hah, he said he modded it two months ago, and commented about it two months ago, and the video is from last year. :p The video is just the original 88 version through a new TC G-Major 2 and into a VHT 2:90:2 (so basically the same setup as alexi had a few months ago).

Where did he say that? He just said the guy did another (I think) mod, so there is one between both. :err:

What video on Youtube???

And by the ways this is taken directly from the metaltronix.net website under the MOD TIPs category:

PERFECT CONNECTION GP-1000 PRE-AMP MODIFICATION: Change the cathode circuit on the first gain stage from 1.5k ohm/22uF to 825 ohm/.68uF. This mod gives a little extra gain and reduces the scratchy character of the distortion timbre.

There you go! Was wrong about the gainstage number but its theoretically quite a simple process. Just need to get hold of some less valued caps.
Asking a tech how to do it should be fairly simple as well. But would not mind the schematics for the unit first.

I've identified the part and am waiting on the correct to come in. Will report findings. I guess I'll do my 87' transition first.