i want better songs live

IntoPhagist

FloriiiiiiiooooooOOO!
Sep 26, 2005
New York City and Around
yo so anyone been going to this sick tour with opeth and nevermore latley? im goign tommorow and i wanna know what ie setlist is this time around im really getting sick of the first 4 songs off buried in oblivion!!!!! play something else for once, if your touring for this album play at least like isolation, buried in oblivion, black sea of agony and play mad songs from dead or dreaming that be sick no more spiralling into depression, 3 dimensional aperture, begining of the end, i mean there amazng songs but i seen you 3 times in ny this last year and its always the same songs! you guys rock anyway, 3 of the best bands in metal playing together , cannot wait!

KeithRT99 said:
whats wrong with Buried in oblivion, it's such a killer album. The songs off of their old albums aren't nearly as cool, although elysium dream is pretty cool.
when I saw them earlier in the year, they spent a majority of their set on the first 6 songs from BIO... I'm glad they are changing it up a bit.

I'd like to hear that new song again ("Paralyzed" was it?)...

For anyone who hasn't seen this tour yet, they play 4 songs from Dead or Dreaming this time around. There's no point in getting pissed at seeing more Buried In Oblivion tracks, you have to keep in mind all 5 of their major US tours are in support of that album. It's because of the constant touring (and better bills as the year progressed) that they had a chance to play more older, be it a longer set or the fact now people know that record. This was their setlist in VA on Nov 5:

Elysium Dream
Splintered Visions
Point of Uncertainty
Selling God
3 Dimensional Aperture
Absolution of The Soul
Identify
Beginning of the End

BlackenedDawn said:
For anyone who hasn't seen this tour yet, they play 4 songs from Dead or Dreaming this time around. There's no point in getting pissed at seeing more Buried In Oblivion tracks, you have to keep in mind all 5 of their major US tours are in support of that album. It's because of the constant touring (and better bills as the year progressed) that they had a chance to play more older, be it a longer set or the fact now people know that record. This was their setlist in VA on Nov 5:

Elysium Dream
Splintered Visions
Point of Uncertainty
Selling God
3 Dimensional Aperture
Absolution of The Soul
Identify
Beginning of the End
Selling God? niiice. Haven't seen that one live yet.

Splintered Visions and 3 Dimension Aperture deserve to be played a lot live, they are two of their best songs imo. Beginning of the End was cool but I don't think it is quite good enough to be a regular. They really need to start playing Isolation, such a kickass song with a kickass midsection. Shallow would be nice too.

The Yngster said:
Splintered Visions and 3 Dimension Aperture deserve to be played a lot live, they are two of their best songs imo. Beginning of the End was cool but I don't think it is quite good enough to be a regular. They really need to start playing Isolation, such a kickass song with a kickass midsection. Shallow would be nice too.
They play Shallow live pretty often. It's one of the best headbanging songs in their set.

The only time I've ever seen Buried In Oblivion/Black Sea of Agony played live was long before the BIO album was recorded. They played them back to back at a show here in Regina. Morose Seclusion was done live once too...I believe that was Troy's first live show with Into Eternity here in Regina.