Into Eternity 10/10 in Europe's biggest mag!!! (scan inside)

Marlies

veteran headbanger \m/
Jan 3, 2002
Regina, SK, Canada
www.wobben.org
ok, I uploaded and translated the review for you!

TRANSLATION:
(to be best of my ability, German slang is so hard to translate - corrections welcome)

Anacrusis? Out of the picture. Death? The bandname turned out to be a bad omen, God have Chuck Schuldiner's soul. Voivod? Still great, but sound like '84. Psychotic Waltz? Smoked themselves away. Meshuggah? Awesome, but too cold to enchant the soul.

The not all that new messiah is from Canada, set new standards with their third album "Buried In Oblivion" (the predecessors "Into Eternity" and "Dead Or Dreaming" also belong in each collection) and connects the best moments from the aforementioned goosebump-guarantors to a totally unique sound. The five work their way from the hardest deathmetal parts with suitable vocals into very smooth and timeless melodies, carried by many-voiced clean vocals, like a canon sometimes. The highly complex guitarwork is never egoistic or bragging, but always takes you into a bridge or a chorus, that makes you addicted after hearing them twice and one feels the need to cry out from enthusiasm. Anything goes here.

"Buried In Oblivion" calls on your brains, no question about it. Who thinks these 45 minutes just work from unterneath a headphone are dead wrong though. With a track like "Spiralling Into Depression" the Canucks groove themselves into Nirvana and will catch such a hold of you that you won't be able to sit still anymore. There are also two excellent, unpredictable ballads without any flattery: the titletrack (the chorus is repeated in the next, almost 7 minute long "Black Sea Of Agony") and the closer "Morose Seclusion".

Progmetalfans, powermetal freaks and deathmetal youngsters: complete awesome killers like "Splintered Visions", "Embraced By Desolation" (how cool is that?!), "Three Dimensional Aperture", "Beginning Of The End" or "Isolation" are for you, they start where the also excellent Soilwork end and connect the spirit of the avantgarde (Anacrusis, Thought Industry, Civil Defiance) with the catchyness of a Dream Theater or Hypocrisy, to choice.

There won't likely be a better metal album this year. An absolute killer!
Boris Kaiser........................................ 10

I can still hardly believe it, this is a big BIG deal!!

IEreviewRockHard.jpg

Demonspell said:
Very cool...how often does that magazine give perfect scores?

almost never! and certainly not to anything this complex and intelligent ;)
I would never expected such a score for this kind of band, not even from Boris, who's taste I usually like. In general Germans prefer more straightforward stuff.

yeah, this album is seriously good! and also props to the author who recommends Cynic in the "People who like this album should check these bands" section! \m/