I want to introduce a girl to metal...

Give this skank complete Blaze albums. It'll get her started.

Too much variety not enough consistency, it's all going to sound like diarrhea all mushed together on one cd.

But if you're gonna go this route anyway...

The Funeral - Gardenian
The Heartless - Gardenian
Tears of the Dragon - Bruce Dickinson
Continuum Drift - Jeff Loomis!!!!

Says the whiney/annoying d00d. Blame your douche-ism for your conversion failures.

Please, she probably just smiled and nodded her head to make you happy while you bore her with shit she doesn't want to hear but you're too autistic to realize it.

I don't have conversation failures, being a waiter has made my social skills quite good.

just don't cake the whole thing with a bunch of gay power metal. Do some solid old school death, new school death, melodeath and death/doom is important because girls like melodies, beauty and melancholia as well as some black metal. I find girls love dimmu, graveworm, abigail williams but doesn't it has to be only that, put some bathory, dodheimsgard, nachtmystium. Put some good ballads on there.
Girls are impressed when they see the diversity and versatility of metal. Opeth is important as well. If you hate Opeth and would rather put Farmakon, Gwynblleid, Novembers doom - then fuck that. Jk.
Novembre, katatonia, opeth, october tide, summoning, early amorphis, dan swano (moontower), eternal tears of sorrow, slumber. Is good. Then put a bitchin' nevermore track with sanctuary, then some priest and "in the heat of the night" from diamond head.

Please, she probably just smiled and nodded her head to make you happy while you bore her with shit she doesn't want to hear but you're too autistic to realize it.

I don't have conversation failures, being a waiter has made my social skills quite good.

hey dude...from my experiences. When you help her open her eyes about something (without making it seem like you're really trying to prove something, but rather you're showing her)...especially the versatility, melody, beauty, classical influences, and genius of metal - it is special, it's an emotional thing - she begins to feel impressed - especially since some guy showed her something she didn't see before. She might start to think "what else does this guy know?" it taps into the biological nature of wanting to be taken away by a guy that could possibly impregnate her and take care of her. .....that's going a bit too far I'd say, but yeah, when a girl learns something special, she's impressed. It's like that feeling when something/one you hated for a long time turns out to be something/someone good.

the best way to get someone into metal is indeed to start with ballads or catchy mid-tempo stuff.

the best way to get someone into extreme metal would be to start with something that mixes harsh and clean vocals ala early Fear Factory. Demanufacture got me into metal perhaps more than nay other album other than early metallica

You might want to try some Industrial metal, or anything with some electro influences.
Stuff like this:

Last edited by a moderator:
yeh but i dont think the katatonia that could be considered 'metal' is necessarily the same katatonia that would be considered 'girl friendly'

yeh but i dont think the katatonia that could be considered 'metal' is necessarily the same katatonia that would be considered 'girl friendly'

I still consider Night is the New Day metal. If not, still an excellent gateway to the more brutal stuff. July EP, too.