I want to introduce a girl to metal...

Larf03

Like a rock
SO.. I wanna introduce a girl to metal and I know she is open minded...

So I figured I'd burn her a cd with some "catchy" songs on it:

Here's my setlist: any suggestions? comments?

Savatage - Gutter Ballet
Nevermore - Matricide
Iced earth - Watching Over Me
Ozzy Osbourne - Shot In The Dark
Annihilator - Catch The Wind
Quo Vadis - Hunter Killer (Endgame)
Nevermore - Believe In Nothing
Megadeth - Breakpoint
Sinergy - Beware The Heavens
Death - Voice Of The Soul
Helloween - Don't Stop Being Crazy
Exodus - Good Day To Die
Skid Row - The Threat
Overkill - Hymn 43
Megadeth - Family Tree
Black Label Society - Like A Bird
Annihilator - Snake In The Grass
Queensryche - I Don't Believe In Love
Death Angel - Veil Of Deception
Nevermore - Precognition

Good list, Savatage for SURE ("Believe")
Queensryche too and especially that song you chose , "Lady Jane" also.
more classic stuff , some Bruce Dickinson ballad ("Arc Of Space"), some Anathema.

savatage should choke on a cock and die. most of those songs are balads, so if she likes them, round 2 should be a little more intense.
-neal

Sonata Arctica - Letter To Dana ( there is a slight chance you might win her heart with this one...hehe)
In Flames - Metaphor
Dark Tranquillity - Therein
Iron Maiden - Dance Of Death
Iron Maiden - Blood Brothers
Iced Earth - Melancholy
Iced Earth - A Question Of Heaven
Control Denied - When The Link Becomes Missing
Nevermore - Matricide
Nevermore - Optimist Or Pessimist
Nevermore - Inside Four Walls
Soilwork - As We Speak
Death - Spirit Crusher
Blaze - The Tenth Dimension
Children Of Bodom - Bodom After Midnight
Nevermore - dreaming Neon black
Dimension Zero - Amygdala
Iron Maiden - Brave New World
Sonata Arctica - The End Of This Chapter
Nightwish - The Carpenter

ahhh...and I can go on and on...hmm..

IOfTheStorm said:
Good list, Savatage for SURE ("Believe")
Queensryche too and especially that song you chose , "Lady Jane" also.
more classic stuff , some Bruce Dickinson ballad ("Arc Of Space"), some Anathema.

Believer
DAMN good choice!!!

Lady Jane too!!!

Bruce Dickinson... I thought about it but there is only 80 minutes on a standard audio cd :(

metal17 said:
Sonata Arctica - Letter To Dana ( there is a slight chance you might win her heart with this one...hehe)

I Hate sonata ... sorry...

metal17 said:
In Flames - Metaphor

Almost threw some In Flames but I would have gone with Ordinary Story...

metal17 said:
Dark Tranquillity - Therein

...I thought any song off Projector would have been a good idea...

metal17 said:
Iron Maiden - Dance Of Death

It was actually on the cd but was eating up 8 minutes so... I canceled it!

metal17 said:
Iron Maiden - Blood Brothers

...No thanks.. For some reason I only liked that song when I saw it live...

metal17 said:
Iced Earth - Melancholy

Any Iced Earth ballad right?

metal17 said:
Iced Earth - A Question Of Heaven

Interresting Choice

metal17 said:
Control Denied - When The Link Becomes Missing

I almost threw in some but I figured it wasn't very easy on the ear...

metal17 said:

Already there :)

metal17 said:
Nevermore - Matricide

Already There too!!!

metal17 said:
Nevermore - Optimist Or Pessimist

A bit too thrashy...

metal17 said:
Nevermore - Inside Four Walls

See above...

metal17 said:
Soilwork - As We Speak

Don't Like them Myself...

metal17 said:
Death - Spirit Crusher

Actually... I tried to get as far away from Death vocals as possible... the idea is to go progressivly :)

metal17 said:
Blaze - The Tenth Dimension

Great Choice!!! Either that or Silicon Messiah!!!

metal17 said:
Children Of Bodom - Bodom After Midnight

I bet she would have thought it was "cute" :)

metal17 said:
Nevermore - dreaming Neon black

Yeah... lack of sapce = no dnb

metal17 said:
Dimension Zero - Amygdala

....no?

metal17 said:
Iron Maiden - Brave New World

Too repetitive

metal17 said:
Sonata Arctica - The End Of This Chapter

Sonata :puke:

metal17 said:
Nightwish - The Carpenter

...Yeah... good choice!

Thanks!

The funny thing is that, in my case, a girl introduced me to metal. I was already listening to bands like Metallica and Megadeth but didn't know much of metal. At that time, I've known that girl for 2 years and it was the first time I knew she was listening to metal, weird huh? She introduced me to bands like Blind Guardian, Symphony X, Rhapsody ( blah ), Cradle of Filth, and stuff.. she knew a lot of bands then but now I'm sure I know more than her! Hehe. She never looked like a metalhead. I met her 4 years ago but she is still the cutest girl I know... it sucks that she's older than me.

AsModEe said:
The funny thing is that, in my case, a girl introduced me to metal. I was already listening to bands like Metallica and Megadeth but didn't know much of metal. At that time, I've known that girl for 2 years and it was the first time I knew she was listening to metal, weird huh? She introduced me to bands like Blind Guardian, Symphony X, Rhapsody ( blah ), Cradle of Filth, and stuff.. she knew a lot of bands then but now I'm sure I know more than her! Hehe. She never looked like a metalhead. I met her 4 years ago but she is still the cutest girl I know... it sucks that she's older than me.

HAHA ... great stuff!!!

I met my best friend (a girl) at my cousins... what made me like her is that she knew the lyrics to most metal songs I know... and that is a hell of a lot!!! :)

Larf03 said:
HAHA ... great stuff!!!

I met my best friend (a girl) at my cousins... what made me like her is that she knew the lyrics to most metal songs I know... and that is a hell of a lot!!! :)

Hehe that's fucking cool. There are more and more girls listening to metal everyday... ( especially in Quebec :headbang: )About the girl I was talking about earlier, since I moved, I don't talk to her quite often.. like once a month... well actually I've stopped talking to most of my friends since I moved... fucking studies! The good thing is that I made a lot of people in my town and in my hight school to listen to metal before I left hehe.

Larf03 said:
comments?
If I were you, I would skip everything even similar to death metal. Many people I've met can't stand it at all (especially the growls), even if they get a good chance of getting used to it. I would take something really 'light' instead, maybe some Guns n' roses or Europe :lol: and let her become familiar with the less extreme subgenres of metal first. So no Cryptopsy on this one, then.

If she likes what she hears, lend her some albums and give her a chance to let her grow to like them. But still no death.

Child of Time said:
If I were you, I would skip everything even similar to death metal. Many people I've met can't stand it at all (especially the growls), even if they get a good chance of getting used to it. I would take something really 'light' instead, maybe some Guns n' roses or Europe :lol: and let her become familiar with the less extreme subgenres of metal first. So no Cryptopsy on this one, then.

If she likes what she hears, lend her some albums and give her a chance to let her grow to like them. But still no death.

That's is what I did... the most harsh vocals on the cd I made were Exodus on Good Day To Die and Overkill on Hymn 43... Good point anyways!