I want to introduce a girl to metal...

And to think I was about to suggest a red-hot pokoer up the arse. Thank god I read past the thread title for change. :tickled:

as for your song list, you might wanna see that one of the heavier songs of the new anathema album make their way onto the cd, and also possibly something from the new extol.

Reactions: Larf03
The Best and worst relationship I had was with a metal girl.

We were on our first date and I knew she liked metal but didn't know how much.

I mentioned I liked bands like Watchtower and she said " yeah, control and resistance is awesome "
Needless to say I blew my load right there and then later took her back to her place and blew my load again.

:OMG:

Quickest easier way would probably start with Load era tallica and work backwards to justice. Then see what shes more into.

More load - Soft IE/Nevermore
More Black album - meh
More Justice - Full scale N/M - Ministry - Emperor.

Oh and Stick "Eruption" by Emperor on. That song has everything. She's bound to like at least one part of it.

Larf03 said:
SO.. I wanna introduce a girl to metal and I know she is open minded...

So I figured I'd burn her a cd with some "catchy" songs on it:

Here's my setlist: any suggestions? comments?

Savatage - Gutter Ballet
Nevermore - Matricide
Iced earth - Watching Over Me
Ozzy Osbourne - Shot In The Dark
Annihilator - Catch The Wind
Quo Vadis - Hunter Killer (Endgame)
Nevermore - Believe In Nothing
Megadeth - Breakpoint
Sinergy - Beware The Heavens
Death - Voice Of The Soul
Helloween - Don't Stop Being Crazy
Exodus - Good Day To Die
Skid Row - The Threat
Overkill - Hymn 43
Megadeth - Family Tree
Black Label Society - Like A Bird
Annihilator - Snake In The Grass
Queensryche - I Don't Believe In Love
Death Angel - Veil Of Deception
Nevermore - Precognition

great list!
i love all of those songs, and all are very catchy and good for someone that doesnt know metal!

also try:
Anathema - a dying wish
Testament - alone in the dark
Iron Maiden - 2 minutes to midnight
The Cult - Sweet soul sister
Metallica- master of puppets

tell us what she thinks!

I am a girl and in my opinionm, there is no need to put together some special setlist for her introducing into the world of metal...just dont swith off the stereo and she find out herself that it is not just a bunch of screams...i begun to like metal that way myself :)

Join bumbling secret spy Maxwell Smart and his long-suffering partner, Agent 99, as they investigate and thwart the sinister dealings of CONTROL's nemesis organisation, KAOS.

No doom metal? Whether its your thing or not it should be easier for her to get into. Some St. Vitus or Pentagram maybe?
Come to think of it Agalloch might not be a bad start eather.

That said I got my start from bands like In Flames (Clayman era) and Spineshank. I think thats about as harsh as you can go for the beginning.