Consistency

Ecstatic Youth

...playing with fire
How many bands in metal do you think are consistent in their music and how good it is and stays?

I'd say bands that are consistant are:
Nevermore
Amon Amarth
Cryptopsy
Opeth
Arch Enemy
SYL
TOOL
C.O.F.(just the studio albums...meaning basically Midian here being the last REAL release I think is good, showing consistency)
Death(well...you know)
Quo Vadis
Emperor
Testament
Soilwork(let the FLAMING begin)
Nile(i've been told)
Iced Earth
Iron Maiden(this is kinda both sides)

Not so consitant:
In Flames
Meshuggah
Morbid Angel
Cannibal Corpse
Children of Bodom
Dream Theater
Metallica
Megadeth
Blind Guardian
Guns N Roses

Any thoughts?

Hey man, Iced Earth is not consistent. I don't see a lot of similarities between Burnt Offerings and Horror Show. I think they've softened up quite a bit.

How can you say Dream Theater are not consistant? The latest two albums (the only ones I have) are so fucking cool! Nevermore are the best but after them comes Dream Theater, for both musical skill and catchy songs..... though i can admit.... the 47 min song on SDOIT.... some songs werent THAT good.... but Dream Theater are still daamn cool....
Agree or not, I still say Dream Theater are one of the best and most skilled progressive metal bands..... dont forget that.... PROGRESSIVE... not black or death.... PROGRESSIVE :p

Metal Maniacs magazine asked their writers and readers who they thought the most consistent bands are/ were afew years ago. Those mentioned included: SANCTUARY/NEVERMORE, VOIVOD, SLAYER, KING'S X, TESTAMENT, DEATH, TOOL, HELLOWEEN, ETC...Just to name a few.

did somone just say Cannibal Corpse is inconsistant?

WHAAAAAAAAAT!

:confused: :confused: :confused: :eek: :eek:

youv gotta be kidding me... i mean you can say alot of things about cannibal corpse... you might not like there form of music but they are allways true to there art... name one cd' that doesnt have there speed and traid mark lyrics.... every album is consistnant you wont find a more consistant band....

if your going to call cannibal corpse inconsistant... then you should really buy a dictionary.
:lol: :D