"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

I live in FInland, love Nightwish, Amorphis etc. However, I never really cared for Children Of Bodom. So today, just before I created an account here, I tried listen to the single "I Worship Chaos". Now I am a fan. Really like this whole album. Really nice artwork aswell as you have said over and over.

Heh, this is funny. Some people here have been talking about how "If I heard I Worship Chaos as my first Bodom song, I'd never listen to them again," and similar stuff. I'd recommend listening to their old stuff too. It's different, but way better IMO.

Welcome to the forum. Please stay, as it gets boring when everyone's quiet, not that it has been a problem lately.

I live in FInland, love Nightwish, Amorphis etc. However, I never really cared for Children Of Bodom. So today, just before I created an account here, I tried listen to the single "I Worship Chaos". Now I am a fan. Really like this whole album. Really nice artwork aswell as you have said over and over.

Welcome the the Hate Crew! If you had to pick a song of I Worship Chaos which would be your favorite?

Has anyone seen the dvd that came with the cd? How is it? I love that sort of thing

So I just listened to the long awaited Bananarama and what a fucking piece of fuck - Jeff Waters is nowhere to be found. I'm disappointed. The guitar tone is so much better though, ahh good old HOB days :kickass:

Has anyone seen the dvd that came with the cd? How is it? I love that sort of thing

Compared to the HoB one this is pretty lame. Roughly 50% of the playtime is them doing group shots, then some small interviews and Alexi lays/sits like a wasted hipster in his car and talks about some bullshit.

Not really worth it. It's only 15 minutes. Most of it is the same as the preview videos on youtube (I haven't seen them all) with the band members talking about different aspects of recording this album. The only bits of the actual recording are mostly group screams (Freiberg is in there) and a bit of Jaska. Would have loved to see more of Alexi recording guitars and hearing it in cruder form.

Meanwhile the COB TV is soon to be 10 years old, think about it. Another 3-4 intervals of such length and we're all rotting in the ground, forever dead, fuck yeah :kickass:

Dude if you like early Amorphis you better listen to some early COB, otherwise you won't like it considering you enjoyed the new album.

Yeah, I am working on it. The new album is great for me, because it kinda creates an opportunity for transition. I have started to listen to older COB hits now (day 2 of fandom) and I like them aswell, still have the oldest stuff left though :)

Yeah, I am working on it. The new album is great for me, because it kinda creates an opportunity for transition. I have started to listen to older COB hits now (day 2 of fandom) and I like them aswell, still have the oldest stuff left though :)

What have you listened to thus far?

What have you listened to thus far?

He must savor it, unless he wants to end up like us after just 2 days of discovering the band :lol:

We've had it good, I mean, I've been listening to Bodom for like 10+ years, 3 of those were golden.

He must savor it, unless he wants to end up like us after just 2 days of discovering the band :lol:

We've had it good, I mean, I've been listening to Bodom for like 10+ years, 3 of those were golden.

Damn, you've been listening to them for ages! :D I began listening them in the late summer of 2010. Began reading this forum around November I think (Around the time the SKO sample's were released), and joined on the 3rd of January.

Damn, you've been listening to them for ages! :D I began listening them in the late summer of 2010. Began reading this forum around November I think (Around the time the SKO sample's were released), and joined on the 3rd of January.

Yeah, time flies :D
I begun listening to them I think it was in 2002-2004? I really don't remember how I discovered them. I think I heard them on MTV.

I remember first visiting the forum in 2005 perhaps? I started to play guitar in 2004.

So I just listened to the long awaited Bananarama and what a fucking piece of fuck - Jeff Waters is nowhere to be found. I'm disappointed. The guitar tone is so much better though, ahh good old HOB days :kickass:

Thanks to recall me, I've just listened to it and not bad at all, maybe it could contain more guitar melody. Yeah the tone is awesome. ;) Btw, wtf is with Jeff Waters?

Man I remember listening to Follow the Reaper for the first time, gathering the first impressions, feels weird now that there ever existed first impressions of such a classic album.

Here's what I've heard about Jeff, from mr. Laiho himself:
"(Jeff Waters from Annihilator) ended up playing a couple of solos on one of the cover songs, which is ‘Cruel Summer’ by BANANARAMA; it’ll be funny that’s for sure.” Where and when will that be released? “I’m not sure actually. It was just mixed; it was the last one. It’ll probably be a bonus track on a digipack or vinyl. Or maybe we’ll just put it out on our website. I don’t know yet, but it’ll definitely come out though.”

I began listening to CoB in 2005-06 and the first song I heard was Downfall. Then I believe it was 2007 that I bought my first CoB album which was AYDY which was the only one the store had. I loved that album and still do. But when I finally got hold of Hatebreeder and Follow the Reaper I really understood how unique a band they really are. So for any newcomer discovering them now with their recent albums and then checking out their first albums they are in for a great ride!:kickass: