"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

hold your tongue has my favourite solo on this album. super uplifting. favourite chorus has to be all for nothing. same sort of vibe, cant put my finger on it, but it makes me feel so good.

Don't know about solos but I agree that All for Nothing has the best chorus on the album. It's actually one of their better choruses no matter how many albums you take into account, IMO.

I dislike the guitar tone strongly after having listened to the album through headphones :(

After a few more spins.. I like certain parts (My Bodom chorus is really catchy, Horns solos). But these verse chugging riffs are boring as hell. Nobody wants to wait like 3/4 of the song for a good part. And the guitar tone... aaaa how I hate it. Imho Alexi should get rid of these Marshalls asap. And when I think about it how the live tone will again be like... it will suck - same tone that points out every tiny mistake Alexi makes. I saw CoB in 2013 on Winter Masters of Rock in Zlin, and had to leave after first half of the gig as I did not want to ruin the image of my teenage guitar hero by hearing every fuck up he would have made.

Luckily there are tons of bands I enjoy listening to both live and studio these days, so I have no intention to spit at CoB anymore. :)

I'm starting to like Hold Your Tongue. It ain't overall that special but it has one of the best choruses Laiho has ever written imo.

I'm not really sure what to think about that chorus. It's so untypical for Bodom, soundwise. Reminds me for some reason on Ramones.
The chorus in Widdershins is awesome too. Really dark and heavy and the harpsichord keys in the background are awesome too.

Till now, the All Twisted chorus is still my favorite, followed by SK, but there are some really good ones on this album.

Not that bad of an album, I expected a lot worse. So far I dig a couple of songs, don't remember names and I won't bother looking them up.

I'm not really sure what to think about that chorus. It's so untypical for Bodom, soundwise. Reminds me for some reason on Ramones.
the choruses in BBT and Bed of Razors are quite similar to the HYT one.

And the Swedish mailsystem did not deliver sadly, got my preordered LP though but that one I won't unwrap. Guess I have to wait till monday for the first listen. But I still got the beer though so I guess I'll survive!

I take back what I said previously about Prayer being shit. Its actually really good. That keyboard intro immediately made me think of Zelda, its got a Twilight Princess vibe going on in it too, even more so if you listen to the chorus during the ending cutscene of that game.

I was listening to the album while focussing on something else and then the album is much better. The boring parts just go past while you do whatever and the interesting parts catch my interset. And there are a lot more fun parts than I thought initially. It's still not a great album but I enjoyed it a lot.

I was listening to the album while focussing on something else and then the album is much better. The boring parts just go past while you do whatever and the interesting parts catch my interset. And there are a lot more fun parts than I thought initially. It's still not a great album but I enjoyed it a lot.

haha! This explains why I am liking it so much while doing "financial statement analysis" :lol:

Eve of the release day and dust has already settled. Proof we need an atmospheric album like FTR / HB. But I'm now convinced not to anticipate and discuss the next album. Well, will be fun to see live videos of the new songs.

Where is the released live audio of Halo of Blood from that Amorphis thingy?

I take back what I said previously about Prayer being shit. Its actually really good. That keyboard intro immediately made me think of Zelda, its got a Twilight Princess vibe going on in it too, even more so if you listen to the chorus during the ending cutscene of that game.

Wow, another Zelda gamer!

Im the same way dude. I never download. If I can't buy a physical copy then I don't listen to it. But I do purchase bandcamp downloads

Bandcamp is the next best thing ain't it. I also do that if there is no possibility of ordering a physical copy, alot of small bands just getting started that depend on it too. Good to see there are more old school ppl around. There is something special about a physical copy and to see that collection expand.

Bandcamp is the next best thing ain't it. I also do that if there is no possibility of ordering a physical copy, alot of small bands just getting started that depend on it too. Good to see there are more old school ppl around. There is something special about a physical copy and to see that collection expand.

Most definitely. Bandcamp is great. Direct money and support to the band and its a very convenient way of downloading. Usual means for all the smaller, lesser known bands out there. My last transaction was actually with a Swedish band. Archaea. You may know them. Hell yeah man nothing beats a physical copy! And the entire experience of a new CD!