"I Worship Chaos" Discussion Thread

Sounds like a blast man, enjoy! :kickass:

Haven't heard of them before no, but listening to them now via youtube. Not bad at all! I guess Gothenburg as a city keep spitting good metal acts out!The last album I bought through bandcamp was the first album from In Dread Response a band from New Zealand.

Sounds like a blast man, enjoy! :kickass:

Haven't heard of them before no, but listening to them now via youtube. Not bad at all! I guess Gothenburg as a city keep spitting good metal acts out!The last album I bought through bandcamp was the first album from In Dread Response a band from New Zealand.

Hell yeah man. Archaea rips!! I know them! Was just checking them out the other day

For me, the best songs are: Morrigan, Widdershins, and My Bodom. All or Nothing and I Hurt are pretty damn good too. I think I need more listens.

First listen through. All I gotta say is ughhhh.

I agree- I think it's their worst album so far. Hardly any melodies, songs without any solos, breakdowns, simple thrashy riffs, verses that sound pretty similar to the past 2 albums etc. It's not bad and has some cool ideas with hints of their earlier stuff but it seems very repetitive and most of it's filler until certain sections.

I still love Morrigan & Suicide Bomber. I'm sure the other stuff will eventually grow on me.

I agree- I think it's their worst album so far. Hardly any melodies, songs without any solos, breakdowns, simple thrashy riffs, verses that sound pretty similar to the past 2 albums etc. It's not bad and has some cool ideas with hints of their earlier stuff but it seems very repetitive and most of it's filler until certain sections.

I still love Morrigan & Suicide Bomber. I'm sure the other stuff will eventually grow on me.

Basically my thoughts as well. I mean fuck, My Bodom sounds like Alexi warning up for a Live gig. IWC itself is still terrible. Hold Your Tongue goes nowhere. And even a third of Widdershins is a god damn breakdown outro. Im going to listen through one more time tonight and give a more in depth review tomorrow but so far this is far and a fuck away their worst album

I like every song other than I Worship Chaos and think the 2nd half of the album is strong. I do not think the production or guitar tone is as good as HoB. The keyboards seem more prominent and they have cut out the gang shouts and samples. I do not know how to feel about the lower tuning, I wonder if it would "pop" a little more in Drop C and D standard.

Favorite Songs: Hold Your Tongue, Widdershins, All For Nothing, Prayer for the Afflicted

Least favorite songs: IWC, I Hurt

Overall an 8/10 for me.

While I was rather optimistic before this came out but now after a couple of listens I'm not particularly enthused. Prayer for the Afflicted and All for Nothing do nothing for me. What is that you guys like about these songs? And what on earth is going on with Widdershins? A third of that song is deathcore.

Prayer for the Afflicted and All for Nothing do nothing for me. What is that you guys like about these songs?.

I like the songwriting. The mood and atmosphere of the songs are enjoyable to me and its easy to listen to.

My top 3 are currently Suicide Bomber, Widdershins, and My Bodom. Gotta mention Hold Your Tongue and All for Nothing though, two really fun and unique songs that give this album somewhat of a personality.

I think there's no bad song on this album. Greatest songs are My Bodom, Hold Your Tongue, All For Nothing and Widdershins. Album is the best since HCDR in my opinion!

IWC is kinda rubbish though.

— What the fuck was that?
— That was my fucking guitar dude. ©

I like it a lot more than Halo of Blood but not as much as RRF. Morrigan, All for Nothing and Horns are my fav tracks so far. Using C# standard and Drop B is a welcome change. Also the first album that has Alexi playing all the guitar parts.

While I was rather optimistic before this came out but now after a couple of listens I'm not particularly enthused. Prayer for the Afflicted and All for Nothing do nothing for me. What is that you guys like about these songs? And what on earth is going on with Widdershins? A third of that song is deathcore.

Widdershins sounds like old school Bodom to me, at least in the solo department, the lead guitar during the chugga chugga breakdown is nice too.
Prayer probably would have done better with the whisper vocals and All for Nothing with the death growls.

suicide bomber, horns and widdershins are clearly the best songs on the album! if horns had a bit more keyboards in it, it would be 10/10

my bodom - song is TERRIBLE...besides the chorus, it's catchy. but literally everything else about the song is just awful

prayer for the afflicted - I like this song, nice lyrics. nice vocals. it's not bad.

horns - sick song.

suicide bomber - sick song.

i worship chaos - good song, needs a solo.

i hurt - catchy melody but weak song.

all for nothing - not a fan of whispering at all, not a fan of this song.

widdershins - sick song.

This album is not on Halo of Blood's level for sure...unsure yet but it may be their weakest album to date.

All for Nothing is by far the best song on the album IMO. Prayer for the Afflicted and Suicide Bomber are good, the rest is mostly boring except for some moments of brilliance (My Bodom chorus for example).

All for Nothing is by far the best song on the album IMO. Prayer for the Afflicted and Suicide Bomber are good, the rest is mostly boring except for some moments of brilliance (My Bodom chorus for example).

So this should show that bodom can't rely only on laiho's creativity. they need another guitarist with input mixed with laiho to create a suberb album.

I wonder if the janne's brother will be enough to propel bodom to atleast HCDR status of album. Halo of Blood was pretty close but not at the same time.

They should be more like a band like Kalmah, less touring, more time spent into creating incredible music. <3 kalmah