Ibanez GRX70 worth $99?

WarHead

Handful of Nothing
Aug 27, 2001
Virginia
A buddy of mine just picked up a used GRX70 for $99.

Whats your view on the guitar? Is is worth slapping a Duncan Invader in? Any advise on other guitars no more than $300?

Keep in mind the style is thrash/death/melodic metal.

Thanks.

_chris_

I have an Ibanez GRX20 and an Ibanez RG560 and I can tell you that the RG guitars are much better. They have better necks, bodies, picks ups, head stocks, etc. and only cost around $300. I think the RG guitars they make these days are different from what I have (mines was made in Japan back in the 80s and comes with a Floyd Rose unlike the Korean made low register RGs I see on musicianfriend), but should still be better than the GRX. After all... the RG guitars are what Ibanez is most known for. And why would you slap a Duncan Invader on a GRX? Those costs more than the guitar itself lol. I think the B.C. Rich Bronze Warlock and the low register Washburn Dimebag models are kinda sweet deals for around $300 if that style of guitar suites you.

bronze warlocks are decent, you can get a used RG for really cheap...i got an ibanez RG series 7 string for $189, and its an awesome guitar...stock pickups aren't that great to be honest, but it plays great, and has taken serious abuse...