ibanez rg1527

eddi94

New Metal Member
Mar 23, 2011
hi i'm thinking of getting a 7 string guitar and i've benn thinking of the ibanez rg1527, if i get i'm gonna put a dimarzio d activator in the bridge and a liquifire in the neck. but before i buy i would like to hear your opinions on it.

Got one, and I have major tuning problems with that thing. And I've heard that pretty often about this Ibanez. But I've also heard the exact opposite. Don't know why. I personally can't recommand that guitar.

are you sure you don't just have to have it set up, i mean chris used it alot

Once the knife edges wear out on the tremolo (which was pretty quick in my experience) it is very hard to keep in tune, I had the fortune of being able call Ibanez and get them replaced. Of course If I had to make a recommendation to you, I would recommend a Jackson (of course I now endorse them) specifically my Signature series Ahahahahah, the knife edges on the Floyds are more heavy duty and will last longer. I would also recommend the ZR trem from Ibby but the problem with that is they only offer it on their lower line S series 7 string, so you would have to deal with that.

There will be more options coming in the future.

Take care, Chris.

thanks Chris, glad I asked around the forum right now, definitely gonna check out jackson, they were my second choice, especially your signature.

While I'm not a fan of EMG's, look for an LTD H-1007. You get a 7 string with similar wood features to Chris's guitar with an original Floyd Rose. This is of course suggesting you don't go for Chris's signature guitar. ;)

i just checked out agile and i might be getting the agile interceptor pro 725 althugh i don't really like emg's i will probably just put in a dimarzio d-activator in the bridge and a dimarzio liquifire in the neck

Good call. I'm not partial to EMGs either, and the pickups for replacement are great choices. With the potential resale value of the EMGs, you could just about recup the cost of the DiMarzios.