Question about 7 string pickups

loomismilitia

New Metal Member
Mar 17, 2009
Portugal
Hi Everyone,

These questions are not straight to Chris, I believe a lot of you in this forum can help me on this subject :)

I have an ESP LTD H307 loaded with EMGs 707 and so far is my favourite type of sound.

I have an Ibanez RG7420. I need to upgrade the stock pickups, I can put seymour duncan blackouts 7 or EMG 7007 as well.

Its not a priority on my needs, but I like the 5way switch to get the cools sounds in the cleans.

Which passive pickup can give the definition and output of the EMG 707?

During the tour with Nevermore I believe Chris used bare knuckle, I really love that sound on the Nevermore DVD.
I think Chris changed to Dimarzio D activator 7 after that time with Nevermore.

Is the DiMarzio D activator 7 or bare knuckle a good choice? Should I go to the EMG 707 or seymour duncan blackouts 7?

Good output and definition in the mids/lows is priority for me.

Thank you

The D Activator neck pu is unbelievable and the bridge pu sounds also great. I peronally hate the seymour duncan sound. The EMGs are the heaviest sounding, good if you like more modern metal (I like to call it Nuclear Blast metal, where everything sounds soooo metal, that it sounds overproduced and the same imo). So D Activators: thumbs up. No Experience with Bareknuckles here.