Icarus Witch - Lost Gear and "Songs for the Lost"

rokk

Long Live =^.^=
Mar 5, 2005
Southeast Idaho
www.doseofmetal.com
Blabbermouth said:
ICARUS WITCH's touring van was broken into and robbed early Sunday morning (August 12) after the band's performance in Chicago on Saturday night, August 11. The theft happened between 3 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. around the 2200 block of West Potomac in Chicago.

The following items were stolen:

* Black '74 Custom Les Paul guitar (20th Anniversary)
* Black Studio Les Paul guitar
* Black Jackson Rhoads Pro Flying V guitar (has one Seymour Duncan pickup & one Jackson pickup)
* Purple custom flame maple Surh guitar
* Sure Beta wireless microphone & receiver
* Pearl Eliminator double bass drum pedal in a DW case

A reward is being offered for information leading to the return of the instruments.

Please contact the band at info@icaruswitch.com if you see or hear about items matching these descriptions online or in any used guitar stores.

ICARUS WITCH will release its new album, "Songs for the Lost", on September 11 via the Cleopatra Label Group. The follow-up to 2005's "Capture the Magic" was once again produced by Eric Klinger (PRO-PAIN, BUILT UPON FRUSTRATION) and will include a cover of DEF LEPPARD's "Mirror Mirror", featuring a guest appearance by legendary RAINBOW/DEEP PURPLE vocalist Joe Lynn Turner.

"Songs for the Lost" will receive a simultaneous European release through Italy's Cruz Del Sur Music.

(Thanks: Andrew/ The Space Lord)

Sucks they got ripped off! I hope it gets returned... I am excited for the new disc tho!

:headbang:

I just purchase the "Roses..." EP and it is fucking amazing. Fantastic US Power in the vein of Crimson Glory, Queensryche, Mystic Force etc.

It's really a pity that they got ripped off...

Yea its really a shame this had to happen to them. I really want to hear their new album I liked their previous releases.

Both the EP and the album are very strong. I like the fact that they added a second guitarist it will give them a fatter sound.

Damn shame...I hope someone will spot some of the material...
I'm really looking forward to hearing the new album, their EP and CD were instant classics for me !!

Sad when a band is robbed like this. Their LP is in my collection but except for the cover of 'S.A.T.O.' it passes boringly without catching my attention. I hope this new one is better, I'll give it a chance.

NP: John Petrucci - 'Wishful Thinking'

I just ordered and it's on my way. I hope it´s good otherwise I will have to commit sepuku.
It has a neat cover of Def Leppard´s 'Mirror Mirror (look into my eyes)' with JLT on vocals, so at least it'll worth for the cover again (like the debut with 'S.A.T.O.')

NP: Astral Doors - 'Mercenary Man'

I also ordered it yesterday, I hope that The End will be faster this time.
I am quite sure that it will be as great as their previous works, but I am very curious to listen to it.

I just got it today and so far I think its much better than Capture the Magic! It shows it little more song writing maturity. At this point its the best album for me for 2007!

NP: Icarus Witch - Songs for the Lost

I just got it today and so far I think its much better than Capture the Magic! It shows it little more song writing maturity. At this point its the best album for me for 2007!

NP: Icarus Witch - Songs for the Lost

Darn you! I hope my copy arrives before Friday and that you're right because the LP debut disappointed me.

NP: Pretty Maids - 'All In The Name Of Love'

Listened to it about 15-20 times and it keeps growing...Very good record again, will probably end up in my top 5 this year!

I just bought it from Jason along with a great girly tshirt!! Can't wait to hear it!! May the fleas of a 1000 camel infest the armpits of those theivin' bastards!!

I record it yesterday (have to love people who makes 46:45 mins CDs, can't be more old school) so I can play it in the car and the gym. Maybe it'll grow on me because the initial spinnings were far from exciting.
So far is 21 in my top list albums of the year.

NP: Masterplan - I'm Gonna Win

I finally made the test drive on it and pass alright, is definitively better than CTM but still not a band to die for. They are at my borderline region, one of these days I may wake up in a bad mood and both albums are going to exit my collection...or maybe it'll grow on me and save its ass :lol:

NP: Znöwhite - 'All Hail To Thee'