Iced Earth and Amon Amarth show roll calls

I want to hit the Amon Amarth and get ludicrously drunk. Unfortunately, I have the family run birthday party to attend.

Mark was supposed to be going to IE tonight. I was thinking of it but I'm planning on hitting Amon Amarth (never seen em yet) because Belphegor is there with The Absence and and Ensiferum. Should be a cool show. Looks like it's downstairs as they don't state it being upstairs. See ya saturday Ari!

yeah, i saw mark and kyle tonight.

the first band (Saviours) wasn't too bad....nothing special, one of the better openers i've seen at the palladium...i think they're on the tour, though, so that doesn't really count. their sound was ok, a bit too much kick drum, though.

Into Eternity was pretty good, but it took about 5 songs to get an even acceptable mix....started off with the guitars super low in the mix, and all you could hear was kick and vocals.

my experience has been that every time i go to the palladium, the sound is horrible, and it seems to get worse every time i'm there...basically, the way Into Eternity sounded for their first few songs is about on par with what i'm used to hearing for headliners. Iced Earth, however, had the best sound i've ever heard at the Palladium, and some of the best i've ever heard at a metal show in general...must have had their own sound guy. sounded damn close to the way Alive in Athens sounds...you could hear everything clearly, very impressive. they were really solid, too, and Barlow was sounding badass, as well.

the sound was above average, but nowhere near as good as iced earth. also, i'm not as familiar with the material by any of the bands who played as i am with iced earth, so coming only a couple days after that, it was a bit disappointing in comparison....but overall pretty good. Ensiferum didn't play much from Iron, though, and no Lai Lai Hei...big disappointment there.