AMON AMARTH: Tentative North American Tour

Saladbar

Jose Saladbar
Feb 12, 2007
Elgin, IL
Awesome. Amon Amarth put on a hell of a show at the HOB last December, hopefully this one happens.

Swedish Viking metallers AMON AMARTH will embark on a North American headlining tour in October. Support on the trek will come from the Tampa melodic trash outfit THE ABSENCE.

The tentative routing for the tour is as follows:

Oct. 01 - Anaheim, CA
Oct. 02 - Los Angeles, CA
Oct. 03 - San Francisco, CA
Oct. 04 - Portland, OR
Oct. 05 - Seattle, WA
Oct. 06 - Vancouver, BC
Oct. 08 - Edmonton, AB
Oct. 09 - Calgary, AB
Oct. 10 - Regina, SK
Oct. 11 - Winnipeg, MB
Oct. 12 - Minneapolis, MN
Oct. 13 - Chicago, IL
Oct. 15 - Toronto, ON
Oct. 16 - Montreal, QC
Oct. 17 - Quebec City, QC
Oct. 18 - Worcester, MA
Oct. 19 - Philadelphia, PA
Oct. 20 - New York, NY
Oct. 21 - W. Springfield, MA

:kickass: Definitely going this time...I have yet to see them live.

Rachel and I have discussed many times that Amon Amarth would be a great adition to Powerfest, however they do tour the states quite regularly so that might work against them. Still they are a great live band for sure.

Rachel and I have discussed many times that Amon Amarth would be a great adition to Powerfest, however they do tour the states quite regularly so that might work against them. Still they are a great live band for sure.

True dat. It would have been perfect a couple of years ago.

That said, I can't wait to see these cats headline again! :headbang:

Awesome. Amon Amarth put on a hell of a show at the HOB last December, hopefully this one happens.

Swedish Viking metallers AMON AMARTH will embark on a North American headlining tour in October. Support on the trek will come from the Tampa melodic trash outfit THE ABSENCE.

The tentative routing for the tour is as follows:

Oct. 01 - Anaheim, CA
Oct. 02 - Los Angeles, CA
Oct. 03 - San Francisco, CA
Oct. 04 - Portland, OR
Oct. 05 - Seattle, WA
Oct. 06 - Vancouver, BC
Oct. 08 - Edmonton, AB
Oct. 09 - Calgary, AB
Oct. 10 - Regina, SK
Oct. 11 - Winnipeg, MB
Oct. 12 - Minneapolis, MN
Oct. 13 - Chicago, IL
Oct. 15 - Toronto, ON
Oct. 16 - Montreal, QC
Oct. 17 - Quebec City, QC
Oct. 18 - Worcester, MA
Oct. 19 - Philadelphia, PA
Oct. 20 - New York, NY
Oct. 21 - W. Springfield, MA

I heard a *rumor* that there are still 2 other bands to be added and that The Absence would be the opening band on the tour. IF it is true, there would be a Powerfest related band on the tour.

I heard a *rumor* that there are still 2 other bands to be added and that The Absence would be the opening band on the tour. IF it is true, there would be a Powerfest related band on the tour.

seems like Testament or IE wouldnt play on that tour, so the other 2 bands doesn't sound promising :lol:

I've been wanting to see Amon Amarth and The Absence for some time now. I wonder who the other opening bands will be?
Also i'm hoping this will come to the Pearl Room.

The tour lineup was posted on the Jaxx calendar. It was the same lineup that I heard.

Amon Amarth
Ensiferum
Belphegor
The Absence

* Enisferum was the Powerfest related band ('08 pre-party) that I mentioned.

The tour lineup was posted on the Jaxx calendar. It was the same lineup that I heard.

Amon Amarth
Ensiferum
Belphegor
The Absence

* Enisferum was the Powerfest related band ('08 pre-party) that I mentioned.
Well, give yourself a pat on the back ;)

pat