North American tour fall 2009

Maybe you can really be glad they played at all... cause on twitter.com/blooddrunk they posted this a few mins ago:

Jaska broke a leg. But we ll fix it!

:erk: So he played with a broken leg or what?! How can a drummer do his foot work with a broken leg? Ouch. Hope for him it all heals well.
Hell they have some bad luck with their American tours this year, at least regarding the injuries :(

I don't think he really broke a leg with the "but we'll fix it" after it. Call me crazy but with how much a leg has to move to do double bass if he actually did in fact truly break his leg they'd have to cancel. Maybe they were just talking about the injury? I mean he even came up to the front mic during the encore to say that he hurt his back and that his leg wasn't working well and then after the show he walked around the stage a bit, I doubt he could've done that if he was so close to really breaking a leg. Hopefully it's not the case.

Just got back from the San Francisco show and I gotta be honest, they were pretty damn spot on. Alexi nailed every solo except for the hate me solo because he didn't have a chance to stand his guitar up so it was super low and he was sloppy, but otherwise he played really well and moved around and did the typical stage moves. His vocals were pretty bad on some songs like follow the reaper where he didn't even sing the lyrics but still far better than their other recent shows.

Sadly the set got cut short because Jaska pinched a nerve or something in his back. The crowd was getting anxious because they had a 30 or so minute delay in starting because he was just getting back from the hospital they said and he announced to the crowd after the encore that he was hurt and that they'd play 2 more songs, I was really surprised and really respected the fact that even with an injury he'd still give his all to play a good show and he did in fact play really well. The sound was pretty good but not amazing, I had a good seat and had a lot of fun. Here's the setlist (not in order)
Living Dead Beat
Silent Night Bodom Night
Hate Me
In Your Face
Hellhounds on my trail
Angels don't kill
Downfall
Follow the Reaper
Are you dead yet
Hate Crew Deathroll
Everytime I Die
Lake bodom/bodom after midnight
Blooddrunk

Obviously nothing really new but still a good split up from all the albums, in the end it was really a good show. The stage show wasn't as epic as the summerfestivals or anything but still really cool and the use of all the samples before songs were there and added a lot to the show, Cob definitely are getting better live and becoming far more comfortable it seems with being a full headliner and doing an amazing entertaining performance. If anyone wants a rundown of what merch they had too I can post that, it wasn't a very big selection.
Ahhh I just got back from the show. I was in the front row the whole time. Was insane. I also went to the meet & greet, it wasn't as big as the other meet and greets, but it was nice since it wasn't crowded.

Was good and ya they took a little long to come out the crowd didn't stop bitching. Then Alexi explained the Jaska thing.

I didn't know Austrian Death Machine was gonna play. Just thought it was gonna be Skeletonwitch, TBDM & Bodom, since they * ment just them so yeaho_O

And Jaska with a broken leg? He walked up to the mic and talked so yeah.

you saw austrian death machine??? lucky!!

haha they're so funny

Yeah I was surprised since I thought it was only gonna be 3 bands playing.

LOL yeah they are. Throwing party poppers & cookies:loco:
Heres Jaska standing.
The damn security didn't let us use flash so when they were busy I took a few pix.

100_3523.jpg

just came back from the show. roope is afucking awesome. i drank alot of his vodka. and i'lm going to meet up with him alter on after x0mas. i got his number, ahaha.

Thanks Lussi!

I got a few crappy pics from the show. It was extremely hard to keep my phone still while taking the pics, but I guess these turned out ok:

GlassHousealexi.jpg

GlassHousecobhc.jpg

here's one I got with Roope after the show
MeandRoope.jpg

btw, Janne's bra collection keeps getting bigger and bigger.

oh and also, I HAD to get one of my Sinergy CDs signed. I told Roope how much that band means to me and they should definitely finish their 4th album, but it's not going to happen.
roopesig.jpg

Ohh, yeah. I remember seeing you there. I was probably standing like right behind you in that pic. That or it was right after I left. I was talking to those two people immediately to your right in the pic all night. Yeah, Roope's fucking hilarious. And I talked to Henkka for a lil while, and Kal. And my collection is growing! I got one of Jaska's sticks, and Henkka's pick. Suh-weet!
People kept asking me if I'm the Knuckleduster Tshirt guy, haha. I'll have to make another one of those. Me and my buddy tried to get in on saturday, but it was sold out and noo one had extra tickets. And the guy watching the door said he'd get us in, but then he disapeared. Shitty... Next time you, me and the ninja should be sure to meet up, Mystique.

Mystique, Ess en, bodomy and everyone else, thanks for your stories it's so nice to read them and sounds like you had great time! :)

Ohh, yeah. I remember seeing you there. I was probably standing like right behind you in that pic. That or it was right after I left. I was talking to those two people immediately to your right in the pic all night. Yeah, Roope's fucking hilarious. And I talked to Henkka for a lil while, and Kal. And my collection is growing! I got one of Jaska's sticks, and Henkka's pick. Suh-weet!
People kept asking me if I'm the Knuckleduster Tshirt guy, haha. I'll have to make another one of those. Me and my buddy tried to get in on saturday, but it was sold out and noo one had extra tickets. And the guy watching the door said he'd get us in, but then he disapeared. Shitty... Next time you, me and the ninja should be sure to meet up, Mystique.
I remember seeing a guy walking out with the drum sticks in his hands right after Bodom finished playing. I can't remember the face tho. For sure, it'll be cool to meet up next time. Didn't I suggest to you that we meet up this time? anyway, Michael couldn't go this time. And yeah I heard Saturday was really packed. I'm actually glad I got the Sunday tickets now cuz it was a small crowd and felt much more intimate. That venue is fucking awesome to have seen Bodom in. Altho it felt weird to see them on such a small stage. I was also thinking of saying Hi to Kal and telling him I see him around the forum, but then thought that would've been kinda lame, haha. Anyway, can't wait till the next show!

Mystique, Ess en, bodomy and everyone else, thanks for your stories it's so nice to read them and sounds like you had great time! :)
you're welcome, and we really did :)

I remember seeing a guy walking out with the drum sticks in his hands right after Bodom finished playing. I can't remember the face tho. For sure, it'll be cool to meet up next time. Didn't I suggest to you that we meet up this time? anyway, Michael couldn't go this time. And yeah I heard Saturday was really packed. I'm actually glad I got the Sunday tickets now cuz it was a small crowd and felt much more intimate. That venue is fucking awesome to have seen Bodom in. Altho it felt weird to see them on such a small stage. I was also thinking of saying Hi to Kal and telling him I see him around the forum, but then thought that would've been kinda lame, haha. Anyway, can't wait till the next show!

There were a couple people who got the sticks. Based on the pictures you posted, I was on the other side of the stage from you. I was, like, right in front of Henkka. You may have seen my in my crappy truck, haha. I rolled by while a bunch of people were still talking to Roope and said "see you later" or something to those people I was talking about in that picture as I left. And yeah, I think you did suggest that! Next time I'll make sure I give you my number well before the show. My bad. Why didn't he go? There's never a good excuse to miss bodom. XP
And ADM was fucking hilarious, and I was really impressed with Holy Grail. The guitar player in the white shirt was ridiculous, haha. At one point, he threw his arm up to kiss his own bicep in the middle of his playing, haha. It was wicked. I had never met Kal before, but he seemed like a real cool guy. I asked him what was up with that lamp next to Jaska's drumset.

yeah I do remember a couple of cars driving past us and yelling out some stuff.
Michael said he couldn't go due to school stuff, but I agree, that's not a valid excuse to miss Bodom. Especially such an epic night talking to one of your guitar heroes.
Dude, I missed ADM tho. I was too busy getting drunk at the bar next door :lol: But my sis said it was awesome. they handed out those party poppers and cookies.
I honestly didn't dig Holy Grail that much tho. the guitarist in front of you was definitely a great performer with a shit load of energy. But that Skwisgaar looking one in front of me just stared at his guitar the whole time. Like not once did he lift his head and make eye contact with the audience, kinda lame. But at least his playing was good. Music-wise tho, they didn't do much for me. I'm not a fan of power metal vocals either. And lol at that guy kissing his own bicep, he was definitely the show off of the night.
How did you approach Kal btw? Did you just say you knew him from the forum?