Amon Armath & Sabaton Fall tour

TENTH DREAMER DECEIVER

Halcyon Way Sufferer
Jan 7, 2002
AMON AMARTH and SABATON will join forces for a North American tour this fall. The trek kicks off on September 25 in Riverside, California and visits a total of 35 North American cities before coming to an end on November 9 in Tucson, Arizona. Thrash metal band SKELETONWITCH will open each show, except in New York where fans will be treated to the first-ever, and exclusive North American performance by extreme metal supergroup VALLENFYRE. Tickets will go on sale on May 30.

The dates are as follows:

Sep. 25 - Riverside, CA @ Riverside Municipal Auditorium
Sep. 26 - Santa Cruz, CA @ The Catalyst
Sep. 27 - Sacramento, CA @ Ace of Spades
Sep. 29 - Portland, OR @ Wonder Ballroom
Sep. 30 - Seattle, WA @ El Corazon
Oct. 01 - Vancouver, BC @ Commodore Ballroom
Oct. 03 - Edmonton, AB @ Union Hall
Oct. 04 - Calgary, AB @ Flames Central
Oct. 05 - Saskatoon, SK @ Louis' Pub
Oct. 06 - Winnipeg, MB @ The Garrick
Oct. 07 - Thunder Bay, ON @ Crocks
Oct. 10 - Toronto, ON @ The Sound Academy
Oct. 11 - Montreal, QC @ Metropolis
Oct. 12 - Quebec City, QC @ Imperial
Oct. 14 - Burlington, VT @ Higher Ground
Oct. 15 - Hartford, CT @ Webster Theatre
Oct. 17 - Albany, NY @ Upstate Concert Hall
Oct. 18 - New York, NY @ Best Buy Theater (no SKELETONWITCH)
Oct. 19 - Columbus, OH @ Newport Music Hall
Oct. 21 - Chattanooga, TN @ Track 29
Oct. 22 - Knoxville, TN @ Bijou Theater
Oct. 24 - Charlotte, NC @ The Fillmore
Oct. 25 - Jacksonville, FL @ Freebird
Oct. 26 - Birmingham, AL @ Iron City
Oct. 27 - New Orleans, LA @ The Civic
Oct. 29 - St. Louis, MO @ The Pageant
Oct. 30 - Joliet, IL @ Mojoes
Oct. 31 - Detroit, MI @ Royal Oak
Nov. 01 - Milwaukee, WI @ The Rave
Nov. 02 - Des Moines, IA @ Wooly's
Nov. 04 - Lincoln, NE @ Bourbon Street
Nov. 05 - Oklahoma City, OK @ Diamond Ballroom
Nov. 07 - Austin, TX @ Fun Fun Fun Fest
Nov. 08 - El Paso, TX @ Tricky Falls
Nov. 09 - Tucson, AZ @ Club XS

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/am...merican-tour-in-the-fall/#zCguDkSRY5LPX5JM.99

Finally, Sabaton decides to come back to Austin...where it all began for them in the US at SXSW years ago. It will be epic seeing them again and seeing King Diamond for the first time. :headbang:

I must be closed-minded but I think Sabaton doesn't fill that bill and I won't atttend that tour as I don't care at all about the headliner and the 1st band... Too bad cause I love to see Sabaton live.

I must be closed-minded but I think Sabaton doesn't fill that bill and I won't atttend that tour as I don't care at all about the headliner and the 1st band... Too bad cause I love to see Sabaton live.

That's how I felt about Sabaton's last tour. 0 interest in Revamp and IE has lost more credibility opening up for Volbeat. Next year it'll probably be a Pop Evil or some other rubbish act.

Amon Amarth are ok live. Saw them in Vegas one summer. If I can manage Warbringer then Skeletonwitch might be ok. Want to give Sabaton a second chance as they did release a decent album this year.

Interesting. Clearly they're looking to hit some smaller markets on this tour, since they've all done north american tours already this year. I've already seen all 3 bands this year locally, and none of these dates are close to me, but I'm 50/50 on driving 3 hours to Jacksonville to see this. I figure I can make a last-minute decision on the day of the show.

Looks like a fun tour. Sadly, it's not coming anywhere near here.

And good strategy for Sabaton. They're doubling down on the US market and signing on to diverse tours. It paid off for that one band, Vol-something.

Thrash metal band SKELETONWITCH will open each show, except in New York where fans will be treated to the first-ever, and exclusive North American performance by extreme metal supergroup VALLENFYRE.
Ughh. You've got to be kidding me. We're the only market that doesn't get Skeletonwitch?

Just curious, have you seen Amon Amarth live? I don't think you have to be a fan of what they do in studio to enjoy their live performances.

Looks like a fun tour. Sadly, it's not coming anywhere near here.

And good strategy for Sabaton. They're doubling down on the US market and signing on to diverse tours. It paid off for that one band, Vol-something.

Yeah but they're not metal, so they don't count.

I've heard nothing but good thing about Amon Amarth's live show, but I don't really care about their studio work. I'll definitely give them a shake though. Worst case scenario is that I don't like it and leave early, no big deal.

Ughh. You've got to be kidding me. We're the only market that doesn't get Skeletonwitch?

That night, Skeletonwitch are doing their own show in Brooklyn w/ Evoken. I think the shows are scheduled so that fans can go to both (the AA/Sabaton/Vallenfyre show first, then the Skeletonwitch/Evoken show after).