Opeth and Nevermore...

I LOVE Opeth!!!!!!! I've wanted to see Nevermore for a very long time, so I'm very happy to hear that they are doing a tour.

Now if only they'd list a Milwaukee date??? Methinks I'm gonna have to open my house and recruit a few Milwaukians to come visit and go to the Buffalo show with me.

I promise it won't snow in November (rotfl)!

Dark One said:
Can you say "Halloween at the Troc?" YES!!!!!!!
Unless they're touring with Kiske, and sticking to "Keepers" era Helloween, I'm as interested in that show as I was in Hammerfall. That said, I'll probably go, just for the hell...oween of it.

Zod

General Zod said:
Unless they're touring with Kiske, and sticking to "Keepers" era Helloween, I'm as interested in that show as I was in Hammerfall. That said, I'll probably go, just for the hell...oween of it.

Zod

Well.....you enjoy getting "tricked" while I'm at the TLA getting "treated".

:loco: :loco:

TheWhisper said:
Masquerade, masquerade
Grab your mask and don't be late....

Ever see that video? That has to be one of the worst videos I've ever seen - not only did a quality song get completely and utterly butchered, but the forest "dancers" are quite possibly the lamest extras ever included in a video. :lol:

Dark One said:
Ever see that video? That has to be one of the worst videos I've ever seen - not only did a quality song get completely and utterly butchered, but the forest "dancers" are quite possibly the lamest extras ever included in a video. :lol:
The video is fuckin' classic! :tickled:

Petethedrummer said:
Ann Marie are you going to be at the Philly show? I might be able to make it to that one

Don't know yet. I'll have to check with Dave. We had quite a misadventure with our first time at the Troc for Edguy/Hammerfall so I don't know how anxious he'll be to go back to Philly. We got lost on the way home and spent over an hour behind a tractor trailer accident and I got food poisoning from the restaurant where we ate in Chinatown. Where is the venue this time? Hopefully no where near that restaurant!!!:ill:

I'll let you know if we end up going.

AMBR said:
Where is the venue this time? Hopefully no where near that restaurant!!!:ill:

I'll let you know if we end up going.

Yeah, those places in Chinatown are hit or miss - some of them are very clean and classy, while others are downright filthy. Anyway, the venue this time around is on South Street (around 4th and South Street), which is fairly removed from 10th and Arch Street. Most of the restaraunts in the area are fairly well regarded (mostly pub food type places, but some nice restaurants as well, especially on some of the side streets. The TLA is small, but nice with good acoustics - I think the show's going to sound fantastic in there. :)

This is going to be the best concert of the year besides PP. I cant wait, I will probably have to change my pants a minimum of 10 times just during nevermore. Looks I am going to need to buy some more pants!!!

James said:
I remember that! It was almost as if somebody pulled the fire alarm when Opeth was done. Wasn't this the same show that had Angel Dust going on before Opeth? I didn't even know who the hell Opeth was at the time :lol: ; I just wanted to see Angel Dust and Nevermore.

After that show I gave Jim Sheppard and a roadie a ride somewhere and Jim commented -- without malice, just some resignation -- that large parts of the audience had been leaving right after Opeth's sets during the tour, "but nowhere as brutal as Atlanta." It was not a good night for Warrel's voice, and there were fans wearing Nevermore shirts leaving during their set, saddened, almost tearful, that his voice sounded so rough.

Then, too, we'd been featuring Opeth on WREKage for years, so they might have built up a larger local following thanks to our airplay. :Spin: